Bali Hotels › Anantara Vacation Club
Updated: May 8, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: In Legian (southern Bali), 50m from the beach, and about 25 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: anantara.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0) 361 764 262
• Check prices for Anantara Vacation Club
Anantara Vacation Club – Wonderful apartments ideal for families and longer stays in a glorious location.
This newish four-star resort offers the sort of self-contained apartments rarely found in this part of Bali. The apartments are huge and perfect for families and those staying a while. Each contains a kitchen with extras like a water cooler, rice cooker, and plenty of luggage space. The extended balcony on the upper level adds to the spaciousness. For families, some apartments have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The rooftop apartment with three bedrooms has a plunge pool. The main pool is shady, but most guests prefer the lovely beach 50 m away. Extras like free bicycle rental, laundry machines, and free shuttle service to neighboring Seminyak significantly add to the appeal. There is also a reasonably sized kids club. The location is in the most popular part of the Kuta/Legian/Seminyak region facing a quiet beachside path and among top-notch eateries.
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Legian Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
Anantara Vacation Club – The Location
- Area: Wonderful area where Legian merges into Seminyak. Along a quiet lane facing the beach and almost without traffic. Also among terrific eateries and bars, and less than 400m from where beanbags are set on the sand for cocktails and music while the sun sets. Ask about the walking path that connects the hotel with all the shops and cafés in downtown Legian.
- Address: Jalan Pantai Arjuna 18, Double Six Beach, Legian. Head to the end of Jalan Arjuna Street (also known as Jalan Double Six Street after the enormous resort nearby). Then turn left (south) down the beachside path for 250m. Use The Coffee Club Legian in front of the resort as a reference point.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is a metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Sophisticated shopping around Seminyak. Bars on the sand at Seminyak offering beanbags and music for the sunset.
Anantara Vacation Club – The Basics
- Guests: Popular with a younger crowd and families.
- Kids Club: Surprisingly, there is one. Indoors but colorful and larger than some offered in much bigger resorts. Only a few supervised activities, however.
- Beach: Typical of this part of northern Legian, the sand is grayish and less appealing than at Kuta, but the sea, surf, and sunsets are the same. Plenty of facilities for sitting, surfing, drinking, and sunset-watching on the sand. Waves are often more suitable for surfing than swimming, so always take care.
- Views: No apartment has sea views; most simply face the pool and gardens next door.
- Kitchen: All apartments (not the studios) are self-contained. The kitchens are very well-equipped and fully stocked with appliances.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The glorious (one-only) three-bedroom apartment on the rooftop has a plunge pool.
- Parking: Quite a few free parking spots underneath, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Book ahead – there are a limited number of cottages, and they are very popular.
- Phone: +62 (0) 361 764 262
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: anantara.com
Anantara Vacation Club – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is a decent size with enough shade and lounge chairs.
- Spa: A little hard to find and appropriately named the Hideaway Spa. Steam room and jacuzzi.
- Fitness Center: Small but certainly adequate for the limited number of guests.
- Activities: Free bicycle rental.
- Other Facilities: Self-service laundry with plenty of washing and drying machines. (Small charge.)
Anantara Vacation Club – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Nowhere onsite to eat or drink as expected for a resort with self-contained apartments. Plenty of options, however, within meters of the resort entrance.
- Breakfast: Generally not included because apartments have cooking facilities. A hearty a la carte breakfast is served at The Coffee Club café in front of the resort if included or paid as an extra.
- Room Service: Available from The Coffee Club café in front of the resort daily from 11 am to 10.30 pm. Romantic candlelit dinners by the pool or on your balcony are also available with a personal butler.
Anantara Vacation Club – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Plus • One Bedroom Apartment Suite • Two Bedroom Apartment Suite • Three Bedroom Duplex Apartment with Rooftop Plunge Pool • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Not allowed in the rooms (including the balconies) or public areas. Better on the beach.
- Best Room: Apartments on the upper floors feature a balcony; on the ground floor, there is no outdoor porch/patio area. The (one-only) three-bedroom apartment on the rooftop features a plunge pool.
- For Families: A range of self-contained apartments with one, two, or three bedrooms.
Anantara Vacation Club – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Seminyak and Legian offer. Cycling around Seminyak is problematic given the traffic, but very pleasant along the beachside path that stretches through Legian as far south as Kuta. Ask reception about free bike rentals.
- Cars & Taxis: To reach places within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Organize taxis and chartered cars through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a few agencies offer rentals.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another tourist area outside of southern Bali, e.g., Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some may pick up guests from their hotel, but services for the main island-wide operator, Perama, only leave from its office in Kuta (3km away).
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Great places within 200m along the beachside path from the hotel entrance include:
- The Coffee Club Legian – Perfect beachside position, excellent service, and hearty servings. 20% discount for guests and delicious a la carte breakfast (sometimes included in the rates).
- Pavilion Surf Club Legian Beach – ‘The Pav’ is relaxed and popular for all sorts of meals and drinks, especially from the second level.
- The Barrel Pub & Grill – Awesome range of super-tasty meals. TV sports, live music, and popular with families.
- The Sand Restaurant – Gorgeous terrace setting under the trees. Pizza, pasta, and seafood. Bookings recommended.
- Ask hotel reception about free services to the compact and sophisticated Seminyak Square shopping center. It offers several classy restaurants, the excellent Periplus bookshop, and a street market. Virtually adjacent is the smaller but equally interesting Seminyak Village shopping mall, which is undercover and air-conditioned.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter