Bali Hotels › Andaz
Updated: March 24, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
Andaz – New, outstanding for families, and has magnificent gardens.
Built on a massive property that lay remarkably undeveloped in central Sanur for decades, the Andaz has thankfully resisted the urge to overbuild. Half the grounds are lawns and gardens as fine as any city botanical garden. The design and layout of the buildings and three lovely pools are modern with delightful Balinese touches. The Andaz also offers some of the finest facilities for families anywhere outside of Nusa Dua. The kids club is vibrant and spacious, with many activities for all guests. Accommodations feature a substantial balcony/patio overlooking the lush gardens, while some suites provide ocean views, and others have direct access to a pool. The villas are secluded and contain some of the finest furnishings in any Bali resort. The wide and clean beach offers a variety of water sports. And, incredibly, all of this is in downtown Sanur, with plenty of facilities within a short walk.
Andaz – The Location
- Area: Top location in central Sanur. A little quieter and less developed in the immediate area, but enough shops, cafés, and other facilities along the road and beachside path within a 10-minute stroll.
- Address: Jalan Danau Tamblingan road No 89a. The reception is 100m back from the main road through Sanur, a more relaxed tourist region in southern Bali. Most guests use the pedestrian entrance along the beachside path. A side entrance across a laneway leads to the equally massive Hyatt resort. Guests of the Andaz can use the facilities at the Hyatt, like the gym, spa, and kids club.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is a metered taxi or car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (14km), depending on traffic.
Andaz – The Basics
- Guests: Appeals to all. Ideal for couples on romantic holidays and popular among families seeking fun activities.
- Kids Club: Arguably the finest facilities anywhere outside of Nusa Dua. Spacious, airy, and with many things to do. Caters to all ages. Guests can also use the very impressive Camp Hyatt kids club at the Hyatt resort next door. (Use the side entrance between both resorts.)
- Beach: Wide, clean, and beautifully maintained by the resort. Like all others in Sanur, it’s not private (despite what the resort may claim).
- Views: Most rooms, villas, and suites are set back from the sea, but some suites do offer direct views of the sea (if not blocked by trees).
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All villas have a private pool.
- Kitchens: Some suites have a kitchen.
- Parking: Parking is available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 320 1234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hyatt.com
Andaz – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools, each beautifully designed. One along the beach, one secluded and relaxing, and one large separate children’s pool.
- Spa: No spa at the Andaz, but guests can use Shankha Spa at the adjoining Hyatt resort. It’s top-class, with gardens and a range of signature treatments by highly-trained staff. – use the side entrance between both resorts.
- Fitness Center: No gym at the Andaz, but guests can use the one at the adjoining Hyatt resort – Large and well-equipped. Use the side entrance linking both resorts. Open 24 hours.
- Other Facilities: Art Gallery.
Andaz – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Fisherman’s Club – Gorgeous beachside setting. Specializes in the freshest possible seafood, often grilled in a traditional way. Popular Sunday brunch buffet. • Wok Wok – Casual Indonesian and Balinese cuisine. Come for the champagne breakfast on Saturdays.• Blue Oven – Mediterranean. • Fire Fox – Sophisticated setting for steaks and anything else that can be grilled • Deli & Bakery – Often lines of guests and visitors buying cakes and ice creams.
- Breakfast: Can be paid for when booking or on the day.
- Room Service: Available daily during restaurant hours, roughly 6 am to 10 pm.
Andaz – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 Bedroom Garden Villa with 1 King Bed • 1 Bedroom Garden Villa with 2 Twin Beds • 2 Bedroom Beach Villa with 2 Twin Beds • Andaz Suite with 1 King Bed • Andaz Suite Lagoon Access with 1 King Bed • Ocean View Lagoon Suite with 1 King Bed • 1 King Bed Deluxe • 2 Twin Beds Deluxe • 1 King Bed Ocean View • 2 Twin Beds Ocean View • 1 King Bed Lagoon Access • 2 Twin Beds Lagoon Access • 1 King Bed Premium • List of all Rooms
- Smoking: Strict policies, so check with management before lighting up.
- Best Room: The 2 Bedroom Beach Villa is magnificent. Large living and dining area, a kitchen, and a private pool.
- For Families: Great choice. Many villas and rooms have connecting doors, and some have two bedrooms. They allow two children under six to join parents in some rooms. The staff accommodates families in the best possible way.
Andaz – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than almost anywhere in Bali. Cycling is also popular with flat roads and minimal traffic, and bikes can be rented from vendors along the beach. Walking, jogging, and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches almost the entire length of Sanur (about 6km).
- Public Transport: Sanur is unique within southern Bali as local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) still ply the main road. Fares are set but invariably inflated for tourists.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible and should be arranged through the resort. Taxis are abundant, cheap, comfortable, and the best option anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver through the resort. Ignore drivers hanging about the streets.
- Motorbikes: Easy to rent and helpful in getting around Sanur. A popular way to move around Sanur is a motorbike taxi called an ojek. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any tourist area outside of southern Bali, e.g., Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels. Perama, the only island-wide operator, leaves from their office on Jalan Hang Tuah (3.5km north).
Andaz – What’s Nearby?
Because the Andaz and the next-door Hyatt resort are massive, the range of places to eat, drink, and shop in the immediate area is limited. There are, however, plenty of places within a five-minute stroll from the front gate along the main road or via the beachside path, only meters from the main pool at the Andaz.
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Warung Pantai Indah – The ‘Lovely Beach Food Stall’ is one of those classic family-run cafes slowly disappearing in Sanur. Cheap meals, perfect beachside position, grilled fish, and cheerful service. 100m north along the beachside path.
- Nesa Combi – Tasty meals, live music, and quirky décor. Also famous for its reasonable prices. A five-minute walk north up the road.
- Paradise Bali – Outstanding for all sorts of healthy meals and drinks at reasonable prices. Comfy chairs and trendy background music. Also, a fitness center and yoga classes. Just 100m north along the main road.
These three places are less than 600m south down the beachside path.
- TAPHA – Delightful cafe for crepes, seafood, and all sorts of options to delight the young ones.
- Lilla Pantai – Welcoming and casual café with an interesting menu and friendly service. Particularly romantic at night.
- Pier Eight – Trendy but relaxed and less expensive than imagined. Great for people-watching.