Bali Hotels › Aquaria
Updated: May 22, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: In Candidasa (eastern Bali), on the water but no real beach, and about 1.5 hours from the airport.
• Hotel website: aquariabali.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)363 41127
• Check prices for Aquaria Eco Resort
Aquaria Eco Resort – Cute, convenient, and quiet – and such a good value.
This petite resort boasts a perfect location: just off the main road, peaceful, but within a one-minute stroll of Candidasa’s finest facilities. Most of the 12 rooms are in a small row along a terrace facing the pool. Others (one with two bedrooms) front a small cove of sand. All rooms are airy, colorful, and lovingly furnished with extras (like a water cooler). Guests are encouraged to relax, chat, and explore, so some rooms don’t have a TV. Frangipani trees shade the tiny saltwater pool that overlooks the sea. Guests return year after year for the superb service, excellent restaurant, and competitive rates – and breakfast is included. The resort is eco-conscience, and guests are encouraged to follow suit. Ideal for couples.
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Candidasa Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
Aquaria Eco Resort – The Location
- Address: Jalan Puri Bagus street in the far eastern end of Candidasa. Look for the resort sign after the street branches off the main road. Reception is about 100m down the path.
- Area: Candidasa is a low-key but likable area in eastern Bali. Tourists often ignore it because it’s farther from the airport than Kuta, Ubud, and there is no real beach. It also has no malls, nightclubs, or surfers – which is precisely why some do come to Candidasa.
- How to Get There: Few metered taxis will go this far from the airport (about 1.5 hours), so charter a car with a driver at the airport. Or arrange a transfer with the resort.
Aquaria Eco Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Couples are the overwhelming vibe. Families are welcome, but they may not enjoy the serenity at the resort and the lack of things to do in Candidasa.
- Beach: Candidasa is a beach resort without a beach. Most sand is gray and often disappears at high tide. However, the beach in front of the resort is better than most in the region, but not suitable for swimming or walking.
- Views: Most rooms face the pool and gardens, while a few offer unobstructed sea views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of mid-priced boutique resort.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)363 41127
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: aquariabali.com
Aquaria Eco Resort – Amenities
- Pools: Considering the limited number of guests, the long chemical-free pool is sizable. A small saltwater pool is on the edge, almost on top of the beach.
- Spa: The Inner Temple Spa offers a modest range of treatments, primarily massages. Some massage tables directly face the sea.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of mid-priced boutique resort.
- Activities: Bicycle rental.
Aquaria Eco Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant/Bar: The superb bistro faces the pool about 50m from the sea. It prides itself on its excellent service and using the freshest ingredients possible. Plenty of vegetarian options. Bright and airy, with candles at night, so very romantic.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates is a changing breakfast menu.
- Room Service: None.
Aquaria Eco Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Poolside King • Poolside Superior King • Poolside Oceanview AC Room King or Twin • Oceanfront Room • Upstairs Oceanfront Penthouse Apartment • Oceanfront Bungalow • 2 Bedroom Apartment • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed on the grounds.
- Best Room: The Upstairs Penthouse Apartment offers the finest views from an extended balcony and has a living area and kitchenette. Rooms facing the ocean are a little further from the restaurant and pool.
- For Families: The Aquaria doesn’t really have a “family vibe.” The 2 Bedroom Apartment with a lounge room can accommodate a family of five.
Aquaria Eco Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The hotel is only 100m from the main road through Candidasa. The area is flat and great for walking and cycling, but there is traffic noise along the main road. Rent bicycles from the resort.
- Public Transport: Long-distance minibusses travel along the main road through Candidasa via the turnoff to Padangbai. These are a cheap (but uncomfortable) way to travel around eastern Bali.
- Cars & Taxis: No metered taxis in this area, so charter a car with a driver from someone along the main road or, better, through the resort. Renting a car is possible from local agencies, but driving is not recommended anywhere in Bali.
- Motorbikes: Useful for exploring the region and cheap and easy to rent from agencies along the main road. A motorbike taxi called an ojek is a popular transport option. They may not operate in Candidasa but try scheduling through Grab and Gojek‘s downloadable apps.
Aquaria Eco Resort – What’s Nearby?
Distances are from the start of the access path (100m) to the resort.
Best Nearby Restaurants Bars
- Arco Iris – Comfortable and breezy setting. Fresh bread, grilled seafood, and happy hours. 100m along the street away from the main road.
- Warung Moka – Firm favorite, friendly, and family-run, with tasty meals at low prices. Opposite from where the resort path meets the street.
- The 48 Shisha and Resto – Superb position down a quiet lane facing the lagoon. Colorful décor, big servings, varied menu, and friendly staff. 400m along the main road.
- Vincent’s – Stylish restaurant/bar with live jazz some nights. Quiet garden setting in the back. 350m along the main road.
- Warung Friends – Family-run, with delicious meals at pleasing prices. 300m along the main road.
- Enough facilities along the main road 300m from the resort, but the choice is limited. With no malls and few boutiques, shopping in Candidasa is far less sophisticated than in Seminyak or Ubud.