Bali Hotels › AYANA Resort
Updated: March 6, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
AYANA Resort and Spa – Luxury and elegance in an extraordinary clifftop setting.
Spread out over 220 acres, the AYANA Resort (with the adjacent AYANA and RIMBA villa complexes) boasts one of the largest grounds on Bali. Most accommodations have been renovated with stylish Balinese furnishings and carvings. The lawns are large enough for an 18-hole putting course, and the lush gardens are comparable to some city botanical gardens. Twelve pools spread across the grounds, including one for children and the stunning clifftop infinity pool connected by an outdoor elevator to the renowned Rock Bar and a tiny cove of white sand. The AYANA caters well to families, with a games area, children’s playground, and an impressive kids club with a cinema, games room, and various activities. With all these facilities and about a dozen places to eat and drink, guests rarely leave. Nothing else is within walking distance, but regular shuttle buses to Jimbaran and Nusa Dua help offset the isolation. The Ayana is about a ten minute drive to Jimbaran (and its seafood beach cafés).
AYANA Resort and Spa – The Location
- Area: In a secluded and isolated section of the northwest coast of Bukit Peninsula in southern Bali.
- Address: Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera road, about 6km southwest of central Jimbaran. Jimbaran is a quiet tourist region just south of the airport.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver—arrange both through the resort. Depending on traffic, the trip should take about 25 minutes (12km). Guests at the AYANA and RIMBA villas (but not the AYANA resort) often receive free airport transfers.
AYANA Resort and Spa – The Basics
- Guests: Caters exceptionally well for everyone – from couples on romantic getaways to large families on extended holidays.
- Kids Club: The bright and airy AYANA Kids Club offers various games, toys, and activities (such as Balinese dance and cooking). Guests can also access the kids club at the adjoining RIMBA Villas, which has a cinema, games room, and library.
- Beach: The resort sits on a cliff above a private cove of white sand called Kubu Beach. It is accessible via about 200 precarious steps or the outdoor elevator from the main pool.
- Views: All rooms face the gardens. A few overlook the sea, but most promised ocean views are distant.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Each villa features a private pool in the separate area known as The Villas at AYANA Resort, Bali.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus services to Jimbaran (for the beach, 10 minutes) and Nusa Dua (for shopping, 25 minutes).
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 702 222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: ayana.com
AYANA Resort and Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Magnificent infinity pool on a clifftop with some of the finest views anywhere in Bali. This is one of twelve pools on the grounds of this resort and the adjoining AYANA and RIMBA villa complexes. Other pools include a pool for children with water slides, an adults-only pool, a swim-up Pool Bar, whirlpools, cabanas, and a two-tiered river stone pool.
- Spa: The AYANA Spa continues to win international awards for its treatments and quality staff—claims to have the world’s largest Thalassotherapy Pool that uses seawater and marine products for wellness.
- Fitness Center: Large and fully-equipped. Personal trainers are available. Open 24/7. Another huge gym at the adjacent RIMBA Villas.
- For Families: Games room. Trampoline. Children’s playground. Children’s pool. Family yoga classes.
- Activities: 18-hole putting golf course. Classes in Balinese art and cooking. Nature walks. Farm Tours. Aqua Zumba aerobics. Tennis. Jogging track.
- Other Facilities: Travel agency. Money exchange. More than ten boutiques (some temporarily closed) in a delightful outdoor arcade.
AYANA Resort and Spa – Food and Drink
- Remarkably, within this resort and the adjoining AYANA and RIMBA villa complexes, there are 19 restaurants and bars. (Some are temporarily closed, however). Among the best now open are:
- Restaurants: Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant: Popular with families, especially for dim sum. Stylish but pricey. All sorts of other authentic Chinese meals. • Sami Sami – Facing the lawn, with wonderful breezes and incredible views. Mostly Italian cuisine. • KISIK Lounge & Seafood Restaurant – Another sublime spot for a meal at sunset. Focus on seafood and Balinese cuisine. Some tables on the sand. Dinner only.
- Bars: Rock Bar, BALI: Perhaps even more famous than the resort. Accessible by an outdoor elevator from the main pool. Jaw-dropping views and signature cocktails at sunset. Rated as one of the world’s premier bars. • Unique Roof Top Bar and Restaurant – The name says it all. Open all day for cocktails, tacos, ceviches, and Mexican entrees — magnificent views across the peninsula.
- Breakfast: Sometimes included depending on the type of room and how it is booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
AYANA Resort and Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Ocean View Room • Villas with one or two bedrooms in the adjoining AYANA and RIMBA villa complexes • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Not allowed in the rooms, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Deluxe Ocean View Rooms are spacious, with a marble bathroom, wide balcony, and plenty of Balinese arts and crafts. Views of the sea can vary, however.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors and two double beds. Some villas in the neighboring AYANA and RIMBA villa complexes have two bedrooms. Staff is very accommodating towards families and will find something suitable.
AYANA Resort and Spa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The massive grounds are best explored on foot and by 2 wheels, but not the general area outside the complex because the main gate is about 1 km away and the terrain is hilly. Ask reception about renting a bike.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Nowhere local to rent a motorbike or car (which is not recommended around Bali anyway). A chartered car with a driver or metered taxi can be arranged at reception.
AYANA Resort and Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Warung Jawa – The only option nearby, offers simple, inexpensive meals, primarily for locals. Just opposite the main gate (about 1km from the lobby.)
- Dinner on/by the Beach – Hop on the free shuttle bus to Jimbaran for a sunset dinner on the sand. About ten seafood cafés are in an area called Muaya Beach (a 10-minute drive from the resort.) Menus focus on seafood, but other meals are available. Often with wandering musicians, fireworks, and traditional dances, a dinner at sunset on the sand is a highlight of any trip to Bali. Most cafes are open all day.
The Samasta Lifestyle Village (a 10-minute drive from the resort) has a handful of eateries – and more will open in the future. Perhaps try:
- Bebek Bengil – One in a chain of classy restaurants around Bali specializing in roast duck. Pleasant setting, including private areas with cushions on the floor.
- WAHAHA – Claims to have the ‘Best Pork Ribs in Bali.’ Comfortable seats, excellent service, and surprisingly good value.
- ChirChir – describes itself as a ‘Korean Fusion Chicken Factory.’ Bright and quirky décor and tasty meals.
- Samasta Lifestyle Village (see above). This outdoor mall has several boutiques and souvenir shops, some tempting eateries, and the Timezone games arcade, which is popular with kids.