Bali Hotels › The Bandha
Updated: May 3, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: Facing the beachside path in downtown Legian (in southern Bali) and about 30 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: thebandha.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 757 688
• Check prices for The Bandha
The Bandha – Exquisite luxury, perfect location, and fantastic facilities.
With an ideal location set 100m from the main street and facing the beach, The Bandha is easy to miss and larger than expected. There are two distinct sections: one area faces the Lagoon Pool, surrounded by an extensive deck and abundant lounge chairs; another cluster of rooms is near the infinity pool just across from the beach. Most rooms on the ground floor offer direct access to a pool. And the suites are truly magnificent: some with two bedrooms (so perfect for families); many with a spa bath; one on the rooftop with a private pool; and a few provide the sort of direct sea views rarely possible in Kuta, Legian, or Seminyak. The breezy rooftop lounge/café has friendly and attentive service.
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Legian Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
The Bandha – The Location
- Area: About 100m from the main street, which is reasonably quiet within downtown Legian and faces a beachside path. Popular area for families; more peaceful than Kuta, but not as sophisticated as Seminyak.
- Address: Jalan Padma Utara street, Legian. The vehicle entrance is quietly tucked away behind the Ossotel hotel. Guests can also enter the hotel grounds from the beachside path through Legian.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Legian, Kuta, and Seminyak.
The Bandha– The Basics
- Guests: With two distinct sections of rooms, the hotel caters to everyone – from couples to families.
- Beach: Only 50m across a quiet path, the beach is wide and shady, with plenty of drink stalls on the white sand. Always be wary of waves, and swim between the flags.
- Views: Most rooms face inwards, and many overlook the main pool. Some of the huge suites do, however, offer superb ocean views – the sort rarely found elsewhere in the region.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some Deluxe Suites offer a spa bath, and the (singular) Royal Suite on the rooftop has a private pool.
- Parking: Nowhere to park. And think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 757 688
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: thebandha.com
The Bandha – Amenities
- Pool: Two pools. The main pool is large and dominates one section of the property. More popular is the second smaller pool that features infinity edges and faces the beach. Both pools offer abundant lounge chairs and extensive decks.
- Spa: The Visala Spa, is serene and discreet and provides a range of exquisite treatments.
- Fitness Center: Fully-equipped and popular with guests.
- Other Facilities: Boutique. Gallery.
The Bandha – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The main pool has a swim-up bar. • Alfresco Coffee Lounge – well-named, it’s on the rooftop for drinks, snacks, and those magical sunsets. • Mozzarella By The Sea – between the beachside path and the hotel’s infinity pool. Serves refined Italian cuisine and a buffet breakfast (included with some rates). Great views. Live music on weekends. Open all day.
- Breakfast: Substantial buffet breakfast included in some rates. Check when booking.
- Room Service: Not available.
The Bandha – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Junior Suite • Junior Suite Garden Terrace • Premier Deluxe Lagoon Access • Deluxe Suite with Spa Bath • Grand Suite with Spa Bath • Grand Suite Ocean View with Spa Bath • Family Suite • Royal Suite with Private Pool • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or around the other facilities. Tolerated elsewhere.
- Best Room: On the rooftop, the Royal Suite Villas with Private Pool has to be seen to be believed. It also has an outside lounge area, marble bathroom, and spa bath.
- For Families: The special Family Suites provide two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and loads of seating areas.
The Bandha – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Legian offers, with the bonus of being within walking (and cycling) distance of Kuta and Seminyak. Cycling along the path next to Legian Beach is great fun. Ask the hotel about bike rentals.
- Cars & Taxis: To anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Organize this through the hotel. Avoid drivers hanging about street corners. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Legian is madness.
- Motorbikes: Rent at local agencies and are great for getting around Kuta/Legian – less so for anywhere else in southern Bali. A motorbike taxi called an ojek is a popular way to get around. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach other tourist areas outside of southern Bali, e.g., Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The primary operator, Perama, has services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 3km south of the hotel.
The Bandha – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
With two entrances at the resort, there are twice as many options.
From the main vehicle entrance, along Jalan Padma Utara street:
- Coffeeterie – Cute, corner setting for drinks and light meals. Clean, popular, and friendly. Just opposite the hotel’s main entrance.
- Romeos Bar & Grillery – In front of the Ossotel hotel, about 50m from the vehicle entrance to The Bandha. Sophisticated but relaxed, and terrific for people-watching. Often live music.
- Fat Buddha Legian – Large casual eatery. Gets noisy with live music most nights. 100m north.
- Bali Bondi – Famous for Western meals, including hearty cooked breakfasts, at pleasing prices. 50m north.
From the pedestrian entrance along the beachside path are:
- The Beach House Legian – Top-notch meals in a relaxed setting. With bean bags and a pool, guests are encouraged to stay as long as they like. Barely 50m north.
- Kundika Bar & Restaurant – Sedate setting for meals during the days; often loud music at night. Virtually alongside the pedestrian entrance.
Best Nearby Shops
- Jalan Legian Street – The main shopping street, about 400m from the hotel – ask reception about a shortcut.
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – A variety of places to eat, drink, and shop in air-conditioned comfort. It’s along the beachside road in Kuta, about 2.2km south of the resort.