Bali Hotels › When To Visit
Updated: October 21, 2022
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Best Kuta Hotel: Hard Rock
• Best Legian Hotel: Padma Resort
• Best Seminyak Hotel: W Bali
• Best Jimbaran Hotel: Four Seasons
• Best Nusa Dua Hotel: St. Regis
• Best Ubud Hotel: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
When to Visit Bali
When to Go to Bali
- The Best Bali Hotels and Best Bali Hotels for Families get fully booked months in advance. Book as early as possible for the best rates.
- April to October is the best time to visit Bali, when there is little rain, low humidity, and lots of sun.
- Bali is a good year-round destination. There is a wet season but it can still be a fine time to visit Bali.
- If you want to save money the best months are May, June, and October.
- Surfing is possible year-round but the best months are from April to early October.
- The best months for a Bali honeymoon are June to September.
- The best Bali beaches and best places to stay in Bali do not change depending on the time of year.
- Best Time for Good Weather in Bali: Bali has good weather during the dry season of April to October. This is when the island has the least rain, the most sun, and the lowest humidity. However, Bali is a good destination any time of year. There is more rainfall from November to March but rain is often followed by sunny clear skies.
- Best Time for Beaches, Swimming, and Suntanning: April to October are the sunniest driest months with lots of sun. But you can get good beach weather any month of the year.
- Best Time for Sightseeing and Outdoor Activities: May to September offers the driest weather when the interior of the island is easiest to explore.
- Best Time for Diving: April to June (good), September to November (best).
- Best Time for Saving Money: The best time for deals and discounts on hotels is February to early June and late September to early December when there are fewer tourists on the island. The price of food and transportation doesn’t change much in low season.
- High Season (July, August, late December, early January): The busiest time of year. Book hotels months in advance.
- Shoulder Season (February, June, September, October, November, early December): Great deals to be found on hotels if book early. The island is slower than the peak season but there’s still plenty of life if you’re looking for nightlife and busy restaurants.
- Low Season (March, April, May): The quietest months on the island and when you’ll find the cheapest rates on hotels.
- Best Time for Surfing on Bali: The best time to surf on Bali is during the dry season which usually runs from April to September. This is when the waves at the western beaches are at their best. During the wet season of November to March the winds switch direction and the best breaks are at the less impressive eastern beaches.
|Kuta||April to September||West|
|Airport Left||April to September||West|
|Airport Right||April to September||West|
|Balangan||April to September||West|
|Bingin||April to September||West|
|Canggu||April to September||West|
|Impossibles||April to September||West|
|Padang Padang||April to September||West|
|Uluwatu||April to September||West|
|Sanur||November to March||East|
|Nusa Dua||November to March||East|
|Serangan||November to March||East|
|Green Balls||November to March||East|
|Keramas||November to March||East|
When to Visit Bali for Good Weather
Bali Temperature by Month (high in celsius)
Bali Rain by Month (mm)
Bali Weather by Month
- January Weather in Bali: The rainiest month of the year. Rain usually comes in the late afternoon or through the night and lasts for 5 to 30 minutes. The sun often returns shortly after. (Average Max Temperature: 30°C. Average Rainfall: 340mm. Days with Rain: 16)
- February Weather in Bali: Almost as rainy as January with the same bursts of rain followed by sun. (Average Max Temperature: 30°C. Average Rainfall: 310mm. Days with Rain: 15)
- March Weather in Bali: Still wet but typically plenty of sunshine for hitting the beach. (Average Max Temperature: 30°C. Average Rainfall: 210mm. Days with Rain: 14)
- April Weather in Bali: Definitely drier than the previous months and humidity has decreased too. (Average Max Temperature: 31°C. Average Rainfall: 90mm. Days with Rain: 12)
- May Weather in Bali: This is now entering the driest period of the year. (Average Max Temperature: 29°C. Average Rainfall: 80mm. Days with Rain: 9)
- June Weather in Bali: Great beach weather with lots of sun. (Average Max Temperature: 29°C. Average Rainfall: 70mm. Days with Rain: 5)
- July Weather in Bali: Great beach weather with lots of sun. (Average Max Temperature: 28°C. Average Rainfall: 60mm. Days with Rain: 4)
- August Weather in Bali: Great beach weather with lots of sun. (Average Max Temperature: 28°C. Average Rainfall: 30mm. Days with Rain: 3)
- September Weather in Bali: Great beach weather with lots of sun. (Average Max Temperature: 29°C. Average Rainfall: 40mm. Days with Rain: 4)
- October Weather in Bali: Great beach weather with lots of sun though the odd downpour becomes more common. (Average Max Temperature: 29°C. Average Rainfall: 60mm. Days with Rain: 8)
- November Weather in Bali: Getting rainier but still lots of sun for hitting the beach and sitting by the pool. (Average Max Temperature: 30°C. Average Rainfall: 110mm. Days with Rain: 11)
- December Weather in Bali: One of the rainier months but rain storms are usually short lived and most day will still see lots of sun. (Average Max Temperature: 30°C. Average Rainfall: 250mm. Days with Rain: 13)
- Bali Hotel Map
- Best Luxury Hotels in Bali
- Best Family Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Beaches in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Best Hotels in Koh Samui
- Best Hotels in Phuket
- Best Hotels in Singapore
- Best Hotels in Sentosa
- Best Hotels in Hong Kong
- Best Hotels in Lombok
- Best Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Best Hotels in Penang
- Best Hotels in Siem Reap
- Best Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Best Hotels in Hanoi
- Best Hotels in Hoi An
- Best Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotels in Dubai
- Best Hotels in Sydney