Bali Hotels › Conrad
Updated: April 17, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: Beachside in Tanjung Benoa (eastside of southern Bali) and about 20 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: hilton.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 778 788
• Check prices for Conrad
Conrad – Vast, modern, luxurious, and convenient – also ideal for families.
Spread over a gigantic area. The Conrad features three massive wings: one with suites and villas (some with a private pool) and two wings packed with rooms. The extraordinary variety of accommodations are ultra-modern and immensely comfortable, all with superb views of the gardens and pools from a balcony or patio. Suites on the top two floors are more likely to offer genuine ocean views, while ground-level ones have direct access to a pool. The main lagoon-style pool is lined with swaying palms and features “islands” and a sandy “beach.” The wide and immaculately groomed beach out front has thatched umbrellas to provide shade. The Conrad also caters well to families. The kids club is excellent, a range of activities are available for the whole clan, and almost all accommodations can comfortably fit a family of four. Enough shops and cafés are nearby, and water-sports kiosks are within easy reach but quietly distant. Eastside of southern Bali.
Conrad – The Location
- Area: Faces the beach in the southern part of Tanjung Benoa peninsula, about 3km north of Nusa Dua. In a low-key but popular tourist region. Enough facilities within walking distance.
- Address: Jalan Pratama 168, the main road through Tanjung Benoa.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Depending on traffic, this takes about 20 minutes (13km) via the tollway.
Conrad – The Basics
- Guests: Has an upmarket packaged-tour vibe. Fabulous for families but also has an adults-only section.
- Kids Club: The supervised Kura Kura Kids Club offers a range of engaging activities (many free). For example, yoga for children, puppet-making, origami, and Balinese dance.
- Beach: Broad and immaculately groomed. Large umbrellas provide abundant shade. Virtually private for guests and nicely distant from noisy jet skis and boats.
- Views: All rooms offer delightful views. Most overlook the gardens and/or pools. Some suites are angled to maximize possible sea views.
- Kitchens: The Conrad Penthouse has a kitchen.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Conrad Pool Villas, Conrad Pool Suites, and (one-only) Conrad Penthouse have private pools.
- Extras: Special lounge for guests with late flights home or arriving before check-in time. Free laundry, afternoon tea, and cocktail hours for guests at some suites and villas.
- Parking: A few spots are available for free, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 778 788
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hilton.com
Conrad – Amenities
- Pool: Four pools. The main lagoon pool faces the beach and is delightfully tropical, with sandy “beaches,” shady palms, and a shallow end for children. Two more pools are alongside the suite wing and lined with gorgeous gazebos. The fourth is for adults only.
- Spa: The Jiwa Spa is world-class, offering traditional Balinese treatments, all in an exquisite tropical setting. Steam room, sauna, 25-meter pool, and a special area for children. Also, massage huts at the beach.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7, with all the latest gear. Personal trainers available.
- For Families: Excellent playground. Plenty of deals (e.g., free meals for children under 12). Cots and other amenities for babies. Spa treatments for children. Kids’ menus at the restaurants. Child-minding. Bicycle tours.
- Activities: Bicycle rental. Floodlit tennis courts. Ping pong. Beach football/volleyball. Yoga and Pilates classes. Classes in Balinese/Indonesian cooking, dancing, and language.
- Other Facilities: Tour desk. Water-sports kiosk. Jogging track. Outdoor boutique mall (some temporarily closed).
Conrad – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Eight Degrees South – Fine dining facing the beach. Specializes in seafood and Italian cuisine. Romantic after dark. Dinner only. • Suku – Buffet breakfast and a la carte meals all day. Upmarket versions of ‘street food’ from across Indonesia and Asia. • RIN – Classy and intimate setting inside or next to the pond. Japanese food, including teppanyaki . Many vegetarian options. • East Lobby Lounge – Breezy cocktail bar open all day. Views of the sea and pools from the extensive balcony. • Azure Bar & Kiosk – Alongside the beach and main pool for drinks, salads, wraps, and pizzas.
- Breakfast: Sometimes included for suites and villas, but check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Conrad – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Family Room • Deluxe King Pool View • Deluxe King Room • Deluxe King Ocean Front • Deluxe Twin Ocean Front • Deluxe Twin Pool View • Deluxe Twin Room •Conrad Pool Suite King • Conrad Pool Villa • Conrad Suite King • Conrad Suite Twin • King Lagoon Access Suite • Deluxe King Accessible • Deluxe king Lagoon Access • Deluxe Twin Lagoon Access • Conrad Ocean Suite King • Conrad Ocean Suite Twin• Conrad Penthouse • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted in the rooms or public areas but allowed elsewhere.
- Best Room: The (one-only) Conrad Penthouse is as grand as it sounds. On the rooftop with awesome views. About six times larger than a standard room or suite, it has a living/dining area, kitchen, and private infinity pool.
- For Families: Almost all rooms, suites, and villas can fit a family of four. The special Deluxe Family Rooms are worth considering: comfortably sleep six in two adjoining rooms with connecting doors.
Conrad – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet, ideal for walking and cycling. A lovely beachside path goes past the Conrad. It stretches south through Nusa Dua for several kilometers. Rent bicycles at the resort.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible – book through a local agency or at the resort. Taxis are the best option for anywhere in southern Bali. They’re frequent, cheap, and comfortable. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver through the resort. Ignore drivers hanging about the streets.
- Motorbikes: These are easy to rent at agencies along the road and useful for getting around Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. A popular way to reach anywhere around the region is a motorbike taxi called an ojek. Book one at a set rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Conrad – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Queen’s of India – Sophisticated indoor and outdoor seating. Curries, rotis, and other delicious dishes from the subcontinent. Only 100m north up the road.
- Coco Bistro – One of several in this part of Bali. Famous for its extensive menu, low prices, pleasant setting, and cheerful service. About 1km north up the road.
- Balicious Restaurant & Bar – Long-time favorite with delightful outdoor setting, hearty servings, and friendly staff. 300m south of the Conrad.
- Warung Liberdade – Similar to and alongside Balicious. Popular with families. Happy hours and cocktails.
- Minimarts – A few along the main road.
- Bali Collection Shopping Center – Most places at the mall closed in 2020-21. Some had reopened by mid-2022, and more will open up later. This delightful outdoor mall is less than 2km south down the road, and biking there is ideal. The free shuttle bus, once provided by Bali Collection, may recommence and pick up passengers at the resort.
Nearby Water Sports
- Tanjung Benoa is renowned as the epicenter for all sorts of activities on and above the water. Jet-skiing and parasailing, for example, can be arranged at the resort or at Tirta Harum. Long-established, reliable, and better value than anywhere in Nusa Dua, it also has a café. About 400m south of the resort via the road or beach.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter