Bali Hotels › Ecozy Dijiwa
Updated: April 7, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: In Canggu (southern Bali) about 1km from the beach and about an hour from the airport.
• Hotel website: dijiwasanctuaries.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 620 5588
• Check prices for Ecozy Dijiwa
Ecozy Dijiwa – Compact, great value, and oh-so-cozy.
Part of a flourishing chain of boutique hotels across Bali, the Ecozy is along a thriving section of Canggu. It’s about 1km from the beach, famed for its sunsets and surfing, and surrounded by classy places to eat and drink. The rooms are surprisingly well-insulated from traffic noise and well-equipped with everything a traveler needs, including an exceptionally comfortable bed. All rooms are the same inside, but those on the ground floor have a back patio leading to a private garden or a private plunge pool. Other attractions include the main pool, which is sparkling and kidney-shaped, free parking, butler service with some rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, and the adorable Blou Café (with substantial discounts for guests).
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Seminyak
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Maps
Ecozy Dijiwa – The Location
- Area: Along a thriving (and busy) road in Canggu, an increasingly popular area in southern Bali. The road leads to the beach about 1km away. Enough places to eat and drink nearby.
- Address: Jalan Padang Linjong/Lingjong Street, which turns into Jalan Pantai Batu Mejan as it heads towards the beach. In Canggu.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport (20km) is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Allow an hour.
Ecozy Dijiwa – The Basics
- Guests: The overall vibe is young, hip, and less suited for families.
- Beach: The beach is about 1km away and down the main road from the hotel. The sand in Canggu is typically grey and not great for walking or swimming. But Surfers love the waves, and there is plenty of space to spread out—also some cute places to eat and drink right on the sand.
- Views: Rooms on the upper floor overlook the pool. Those at ground level are well-designed, and the floor-to-ceiling window looks out to the private garden or plunge pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some Deluxe Rooms have a private plunge pool.
- Parking: Some limited free parking is available, but think long and hard before driving in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 620 5588
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: dijiwasanctuaries.com
Ecozy Dijiwa – Amenities
- Pool: The kidney-shaped pool is sparkling-blue and surrounded by frangipani trees. Decent size considering the small number of possible guests – some of whom have their own private pool.
- Spa: There isn’t one on site, but staff can direct guests to a reputable spa nearby.
- Fitness Center: There isn’t one on site, but staff can direct guests to a reputable gym nearby.
- For Families: Not really set up for families.
- Activities: Nothing offered at the hotel, but the helpful staff can help guests arrange a tour or other activities across the island.
Ecozy Dijiwa – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Blou Café – Delightful setting on two levels overlooking the pool. Wide range of meals, super-healthy juices, and delicious breakfasts. Substantial discounts to hotel guests.
- Breakfast: Not usually included, but available for an extra cost at the Blou Café – and much more than just eggs on toast.
- Room Service: Not available.
Ecozy Dijiwa – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Room with Private Garden • Deluxe Room with Pool • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Best Room: All rooms are the same inside, so the ones with a private pool are worth the extra cost.
- For Families: Possible to book two adjoining rooms, but the hotel is not focused on families.
Ecozy Dijiwa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Canggu is spread out, and the roads are often clogged with traffic, so cycling is not recommended – especially along the busy street outside the hotel. Even walking can be tiresome given the distances, lack of footpaths, and convoluted roads that rarely seem to connect.
- Cars & Taxis: Metered taxis are cheap and comfortable but rarely available in this part of Canggu. Try organizing one through the hotel. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare through the hotel. Avoid drivers hanging around the streets. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but the hotel can organize a rental.
- Motorbikes: Rent one at a local agency to get around Canggu. A popular way to reach anywhere across this sprawling area is by motorbike taxi called an ojek. Find one on the street for a negotiable rate or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Ecozy Dijiwa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The best places to eat and drink are up the street from the hotel (away from the beach.)
- SHARY SHARY – Renowned for cocktails and sharable plates. From the hotel, about 200m.
- Barboa Bali – Particularly relaxing and appealing. Great vibe and attracts repeat customers, including families. About a three-minute walk along the main road.
- Bali Buda – The popular café and health food store in Ubud opened a branch in Canggu about 500m from the hotel.
Toward the beach from the hotel is a cluster of café and bars directly overlooking the sand – ideal for watching surfers and the sunset. A 15-minute stroll from the hotel to the end of the road.
The street outside the hotel has a few souvenir shops and minimarts. Canggu is not renowned for shopping in the same way as Seminyak. Seminyak Square is only 11km away, but a taxi will take at least 50 minutes, but a motorbike taxi will be faster. (see earlier).