Bali Hotels › Four Seasons Jimbaran
Updated: February 6, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: Overlooking beautiful Jimbaran Beach
• Hotel website: fourseasons.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 701 010
• Check prices for Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – Tranquillity, opulence, and seclusion – and the finest views in Jimbaran.
Cascading down an extensive hillside facing the sea and among ornate tropical gardens, this resort offers a range of villas with up to four bedrooms. Each villa is secluded, spacious, and sumptuous, with a subtle Balinese décor, stunning bathroom, and abundant windows maximizing views of Jimbaran Bay – incredibly wonderful at night with candlelit tables on the sand. Every villa also features a private pool with a gazebo, and the main infinity pool seems to blend seamlessly into the horizon. The Jimba Kids Club offers an impressive range of activities for the young ones and the whole family. There is no beach directly in front, but guests can easily walk (or get transported by cart) to the immaculate private beach club and all the seafood cafés set up on the sand for yet another magical sunset.
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – The Location
- Area: Between the cliffs and steepish road, so no beach directly in front, but only a short stroll down to the sea and beachside cafés and bars.
- Address: Jimbaran Bay. At the far southern end of Jimbaran, a surprisingly quiet region just south of the airport.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Cafés on the sand for seafood dinners at sunset.
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all but with the exquisite setting and lofty rates, many guests seem to be couples over 40.
- Kids Club: The Jimba Kids Club offers an impressive range of activities, such as coconut bowling and crab hunting. Supervised for ages four to 12.
- Beach: The beach at Jimbaran is one of Bali’s finest: curved with calm waters and white sand, and not nearly as crowded as Kuta and Seminyak. Only five minutes on foot (less by resort cart), the private Coconut Grove beach club is also superb with its shady trees and abundant water-sports.
- Views: The views of the sea and Jimbaran Bay from the villas are partially obstructed by other villas. Views are even more extraordinary at night as hundreds of tables are spread along the beach with twinkling candles.
- Kitchen: Larger villas feature a kitchen as well as a dining/living area.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The resort only offers villas with an infinity pool. Most are large enough for a family of four.
- Extras: Balinese dance/music performances. Free transfers around Jimbaran. Ask about free water-sports and local tours.
- Parking: Enough free and secure spots but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 701 010
- Email: Send a message through the hotel website.
- Website: fourseasons.com
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – Amenities
- Pool: The main pool boasts one of the most extraordinary settings anywhere in Bali. With infinity edges that seem to blend into the sea and sky. There are two other lovely pools, too.
- Spa: The exquisite Healing Village Spa offers an impressively long list of treatments. Yoga and meditation classes also available.
- Fitness Center: State-of-the-art equipment with personal trainers available.
- For Families: Children’s menus at all restaurants and half-price meals for ages seven to 12. Free baby-sitting. Balinese dance classes. Temple tours. Beach games. Cots.
- Activities: Cooking classes, dance classes, water sports, surfing, and tennis Court.
- Other Facilities: Jala Cooking Academy. Tropic Surf School. Hair Salon.
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Taman Wantilan – Open-plan kitchen, traditional setting, and unrivaled views. Currently, only for breakfast. • Alu – Alongside the pool and facing the sea for casual and healthy meals, such as salads and sandwiches, during the day. Mediterranean-influenced menu at night. • Sundara Beach Club – At the private beach club, a few minutes’ walk (less by resort cart). Perfect beach, live music, and weekly seafood barbeques. Book ahead for a romantic dinner at sunset or the Sunday buffet brunch. • Jala – Lovely relaxed setting in a thatched pavilion. Focus on seafood.
- Breakfast: Not normally included and can be paid for when booking.
- Room Service: Available all day and night and a personal butler also available 24/7.
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Villa • Premier Ocean Villa (one or two bedrooms) • Jimbaran Bay Villa (one or two bedrooms) • Garden Villa (one or two bedrooms) • Imperial Three-Bedroom Villa • Residence Villas (with two, three or four bedrooms) • Family Premier Villa • Royal Two-Bedroom Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Fairly strict about smoking. Ask reception about dedicated areas.
- Best Room: The Imperial Three-Bedroom Villa is incredibly spacious and luxurious. Infinity pool that seems to merge with the horizon. Higher up the hill for less obstructed sea views. Twin-level, with a private chef, butler, and a personal gym.
- For Families: Each villa has a daybed that can convert to a single bed, and another single bed can also be squeezed in. Some villas have connecting doors, while others have two or three bedrooms and a kitchen. The Family Premier Villas offer a special children’s room but only for one child.
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With flat roads and less traffic than other regions, walking around Jimbaran is pleasant – and often quicker via the beach than the road. Cycling is also easy, but the road immediately outside the resort gates is steep. Ask at the hotel about bike rentals.
- Cars & Taxis: A few taxis can be found along the main road in central Jimbaran and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. A popular mode of transport is a motorbike taxi called an ojek for a set fare. Book through downloadable apps Grab and Gojek, but drivers may not come out this far. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but rental is possible at a local agency. Organize all transport options at the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are useful for getting around Jimbaran; ask at the hotel about renting one through a local agency.
Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Muaya Beach: About 700m down the road, with a cluster of cafés. They’re open all day, but the romantic sunset dinner with tables in the sand is the highlight. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood, but other options are available. Wandering musicians and Balinese dance performances often accompany meals.
- Cafés facing/on the Sand: Less than a 10-minute walk down the road, before Muaya Beach, are several low-key cafés, open all day and evening. They include White Sands Beach House and JWB Pizza Beach.
- Samasta Lifestyle Village: Bebek Bengil – One in a chain of classy bistros across Bali specializing in roast duck. Comfortable seating and snappy service. • WAHAHA – Big plates of juicy meats. Claims to have the ‘Best Pork Ribs in Bali.’ • Chir Chir – Describes itself as a ‘Korean Fusion Chicken Factory.’ Quirky setting and cheerful service.
Nearby Shops & Markets
- Samasta Lifestyle Village: The finest selection of shops in Jimbaran and about 1km from the resort. This outdoor mall has several boutiques and souvenir shops, some tempting eateries (see above), and the Timezone games arcade. Best to get there by taxi.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter