Bali Hotels › Genggong
Updated: May 24, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: In Candidasa (eastern Bali), on the water but no real beach, and about 1.5 hours from the airport.
• Hotel website: hotelgenggong.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)363 438 1005
• Check prices for Hotel Genggong
Hotel Genggong – Stylish design, excellent service, and incredible views.
The overwhelming attraction of this charming boutique resort is the wow setting. It directly faces the sea and is quietly located in the most serene part of Candidasa (which is very laidback anyway.) Traditional fishing boats line the beach while small islands pepper the view. The Hotel Genggong offers old-style bungalows and a three-level building with modern rooms and a living area. All accommodations provide sublime ocean views from floor-to-ceiling windows and extra-wide balconies or patios. However, views are better on the upper floors. Hotel Genggong has a divine pool, billiard-table lawns under palms, a charming beachfront restaurant, and outstanding service. Moreover, boat trips and snorkeling are easy to arrange, and all rates include breakfast.
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Candidasa Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
Hotel Genggong – The Location
- Address: Jalan Pantai Indah street (also called Jalan Puri Bagus), in the far eastern end of Candidasa. This street branches off the main road as it heads inland. Look for the sign about 250m after entering the street from the main road. The reception area is about 50m down a path.
- Area: Candidasa is a low-key area in eastern Bali. Tourists often ignore it because it’s farther from the airport than Kuta, Ubud, and there is no real beach. It also has no malls, nightclubs, or surfers – which is precisely why some come to Candidasa.
- How to Get There: Few metered taxis will go this far from the airport (about 1.5 hours), so charter a car with a driver at the airport or arrange a transfer with the resort.
Hotel Genggong – The Basics
- Guests: Most guests are young couples or in a group. Families are welcome but may not enjoy the lack of things to do in Candidasa.
- Beach: Candidasa is, in fact, a beach resort without a beach. The beach in front of the resort is gritty, lined with fishing boats, and not really suitable for swimming or even walking. Most sand is gray and often disappears at high tide.
- Views: All rooms face the sea. Those on the upper two floors have unobstructed views – probably the finest in Candidasa. Views at ground level are partially blocked by trees and the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)363 438 1005
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hotelgenggong.com
Hotel Genggong – Amenities
- Pools: The pool is sizeable, considering the limited number of guests. Facing the sea and surrounded by lawn.
- Spa: No spa, but can arrange massages through the hotel.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Activities: Easily book boat trips and snorkeling from people on the beach in front. Laundry Service.
Hotel Genggong – Food and Drink
- Restaurant/Bar: The lovely Samuh Restaurant is worth visiting – even if staying elsewhere. Open all day, with a focus on traditional Indonesian and Balinese food. Tables inside or on the lawn meters from the sea. Daily specials and top-notch service.
- Breakfast: All rates include breakfast.
- Room Service: Available daily during restaurant hours from 7 am to 8 pm.
Hotel Genggong – Rooms
- Room Types: Sea View Garden Superior • Sea View Sky Superior • Sea View Bungalow • Sea View Garden Deluxe • Sea View Sky Deluxe • Sea View Royal • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed on the grounds.
- Best Room: The Sea View Royal. The finest sea views in Candidasa from a wide terrace and superbly decorated.
- For Families: Not really set up for families. Ask about booking adjoining rooms or squeezing a fold-up bed into a room or bungalow.
Hotel Genggong – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The hotel is only 250m from the main road through Candidasa. The area is flat and great for walking and cycling, but there is traffic noise along the main road. Rent bicycles from the resort.
- Public Transport:Long-distance minibusses travel along the main road through Candidasa via the turnoff to Padangbai. They’re a cheap (but uncomfortable) way to travel through eastern Bali.
- Cars & Taxis: No metered taxis in this area, so charter a car with a driver from someone along the main road or, better, through the resort. Renting a car is possible from local agencies, but driving is not recommended anywhere in Bali.
- Motorbikes: Useful for getting around the region and cheap and easy to rent from agencies along the main road. A motorbike taxi called an ojek is a popular transport option. These may not operate in Candidasa but try through the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Hotel Genggong – What’s Nearby?
Distances are from the start of the access path (50m) from the resort.
Best Nearby Restaurants Bars
- Arco Iris – Comfortable and breezy setting. Fresh bread, grilled seafood, and happy hours. 100m along the street away from the main road.
- Warung Moka – Firm favorite, friendly, and family-run, with tasty meals at low prices. Opposite from where the resort path meets the street.
- The 48 Shisha and Resto – Superb position down a quiet lane facing the lagoon. Colorful décor, big servings, varied menu, and friendly staff. 400m along the main road.
- Vincent’s – Stylish restaurant/bar with live jazz some nights. Quiet garden setting in the back. 350m along the main road.
- Ganesha Lodge – French-influenced restaurant with reasonable prices and a friendly setting among lush gardens. 250m along the side street from the hotel (away from the main road).
- Aquaria Resort – Fresh ingredients, excellent service, and exceptionally romantic at night. 300m along the street (towards the main road).
- Enough facilities along the main road 500m from the resort, but the choice is limited. With no malls and few boutiques, shopping in Candidasa is far less sophisticated than in Seminyak or Ubud.