Bali Hotels › Grand Hyatt
Updated: February 24, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
Grand Hyatt – Massive and convenient, with world-class facilities and one of Bali’s finest beaches.
The lobby of this enormous resort sets the tone with its lotus ponds, thatched roof, and welcoming staff. Most accommodations are in ‘villages’ in traditionally designed buildings spread over expansive gardens. Rooms and suites are spacious, feature a wide balcony or patio facing the sea or gardens, and designed with Asian décor. The luxurious villas offer seclusion, a beachfront setting, and a large private pool. The curved beach has clean white sand and calm shallow water. Other perks include the five shady pools (some with a swim-up bar), floodlit tennis courts, an outdoor boutique mall, and water sports center. For the family, there are many activities like the beach playground, children’s pool, extra-long waterslides, and energetic kids club.
Grand Hyatt – The Location
- Area: Faces a glorious beach, more spacious and tranquil than Bali’s other tourist regions. Conveniently within walking distance of the Bali Collection shopping mall (see later).
- Address: Kawasan Wisata Nusa Dua BTDC. Midway along the main road through the gated complex of luxury resorts at Nusa Dua, an upmarket tourist region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Takes about 25 minutes (13km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Bali Collection mall. Café/bars at The Bay Bali. Headland with views and temples.
Grand Hyatt – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well to all – from couples on a romantic getaway to families on a fun-filled holiday.
- Kids Club: Camp Hyatt has excellent facilities, including indoor and shady outside areas, trampoline, and mini golf. Plenty of activities, such as beach soccer, traditional art, and kite-making. Two waterslides.
- Beach: One of the longest and loveliest beaches in Bali. Very scenic, with immaculate white sand and calm shallow water.
- Views: Many rooms boast sea views, while others overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Most villas have a private pool and jacuzzi.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 771 234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hyatt.com
Grand Hyatt – Amenities
- Pool: Five pools, all with natural shade. Some with swim-up bars. Two waterslides (one is 50m long) and separate pools for adults, children, and toddlers.
- Spa: The Kriya Spa wonderfully fuses modern equipment with traditional methods and treatments.
- Fitness Center: The Bay Club Fitness and Health Center is open 24 hours with a great selection of equipment—plus squash courts, yoga studio, sauna, whirlpool, steam room, and plunge pool.
- For Families: Particularly inviting playground on the beach. Excellent kids club. Children’s and toddlers’ pools. Baby-sitting. Games room.
- Activities: Floodlit tennis courts. Water sports center. Putting green. Jogging track. Ping pong. Yoga classes. Squash courts.
- Other Facilities: Outdoor shopping mall (some temporarily closed). Hindu Temple. Beauty Salon. Business Center.
Grand Hyatt – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Salsa Verde – Beachfront, sophisticated Italian fare, seafood, pasta, and pizza. Open all day. • Watercourt – Designed like a Balinese water palace. Offers international and Indonesian food, breakfast buffet, lunch, and dinner. • Nampu – Tasteful Japanese restaurant with an open-plan kitchen and teppanyaki room. • Garden Café – All-day dining near the lobby. Charming garden setting and impressive range of Asian and Western food. • Pasar Senggol – Designed like a traditional pasar (market). Stalls sell a range of Indonesian food and grilled fish. At the amphitheater, with Balinese music/dance. Three nights a week. • Le Petit Chef – Hip bistro with degustation menus. Open Thursday to Sunday with two sessions. Bookings essential.
- Bars: Salsa Bar – On the rooftop above Salsa Verde. Panoramic views and intimate setting. • Poolside Bar – Cocktails, juices, beers, and light meals alongside the main pool. • Grand Club Lounge – For club members only. Breakfast, canapes, and cocktails at dusk. • Veranda Lounge & Bar – Impressive sea views. Famous for signature cocktails, afternoon tea, and live music.
- Breakfast: Included for club members. Otherwise, pay when booking or on each day.
- Room Service: Available 24/7. Some villas offer 24-hour butler service.
Grand Hyatt – Rooms
- Room Types: Villa Belibis • Villa Beratan • Villa Tamblingan • Presidential Suite • Ambassador Suite • Grand Suite King • Grand Executive Suite Twin • Club Executive Suite King • Club Executive Suite Twin • Grand Executive Suite King • 1 King Bed Club Access • 2 Twin Beds Club Access • 1 Kind Bed Club Access Deluxe • 2 Twins Beds Club Access Deluxe • 1 Kind Bed Ocean View Club Access • 2 Twin Beds Ocean View Club Access • 1 King Bed • 2 Twin Beds • 1 King Bed Ocean View • 2 Twin Beds Ocean View • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Hard to ignore Villa Beratan (two bedrooms) or Villa Tamblingan (three bedrooms). Both are ultra-luxurious. Face the beach with a large private pool.
- For Families: Most rooms can convert the sofa into a single bed, and some rooms and suites have connecting doors. A few villas have two or three bedrooms. Surprisingly, no accommodations are specifically designed for families.
Grand Hyatt – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking along the beachside path is often quicker – and certainly more scenic – than the main streets through Nusa Dua. These streets are flat and comparatively quiet and ideal for cycling. Ask reception about renting a bike.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible and should be arranged through the resort. Metered taxis are abundant, cheap, comfortable, and the best option for anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. Also, organize this through the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are easy to rent (ask at the resort) and helpful in getting around Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa – less so elsewhere in southern Bali. A popular mode of transport is a motorbike taxi called an ojek—book one using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Grand Hyatt – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Of course, guests at the Grand Hyatt can eat and drink at any of the other resorts nearby, such as:
- Merusaka Nusa Dua – (300m south via the beachside path).
- Amarterra – (300m south via the beachside path).
South via the beachside path is:
- Warung Yasa Segara Bengiat Five-star setting alongside the beachside path with two-star prices. Famous for tasty meals and cheerful service. Did we mention the fabulous location? 400m south via the beachside path.
There are also a couple of options at the Bali Collection mall (see below) within walking distance (about 300m).
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant – Pleasant outdoor setting. Specializes in roast duck, but other options available. Less than a 10-minute walk north via the main road; then follow the signs.
Most places at the Bay Bali, about 250m north along the beachside path, were also forced to close in 2020-21. These two are worth visiting, if only for the glorious setting facing the beach between the two headlands:
- Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Diner – Shady, breezy, and comfortable seating. Popular for crispy roast duck, but other menu items are available (mostly Indonesian).
- Nusa Restaurant – Impressive menu with some ‘Western fusion’ options. Excellent service and is not as expensive as imagined. Colorful beanbags along the path. Also, a pool for guests.
- Beachside Path – A number of simple and inexpensive cafés are also lined along the access path to the northern headland, about 500m from the resort via the beachside path.
- Sadly, most places to eat, drink, and shop at the Bali Collection shopping mall in central Nusa Dua were forced to close in 2020-21. Some had reopened by mid-2022 and more will open up later. This delightful outdoor shopping center is only 300m north of the resort via the main road. (The free shuttle bus, once provided by Bali Collection, may recommence and pick up passengers at the resort.)