Bali Hotels › Hard Rock Hotel
Updated: April 14, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: Across the road from Kuta Beach, about 20 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: hardrockhotels.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 761 869
• Check prices for Hard Rock Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel – Vast grounds and endless family-friendly facilities – yet in downtown Kuta.
The Hard Rock resort is inconceivably massive and, remarkably, on the busiest corner of Kuta. Autographed guitars line the walls, and an immense cocktail bar is plastered with gold records. But the main attractions for many are the pools, which never seem to end. They feature islands, a beach with volleyball courts, lifeguards, a beach club, and huge thatched-roof gazebos. All rooms and suites are luxurious, nicely distant from the traffic, and face extensive gardens. Probably the finest resort on Bali for families. The Hard Rock provides a children’s pool with a playground in the water and two exhilarating kids clubs with activities for different age groups and the whole family. Yet, incredibly, the main entrance is only 50m from Kuta Beach, with its legendary surf and sunsets, and just a few minutes stroll to the world-class Beachwalk Shopping Center.
Hard Rock Hotel – The Location
- Area: Faces the beachside road near the invisible border between Kuta and Tuban (more commonly known as South Kuta). Across the busy street from the famous Kuta Beach, with shops and cafés everywhere.
- Address: Jalan Pantai, Banjar Pande Mas, Kuta. On a corner along the beachside road heading north one-way. In the southern end of Kuta and part of the major tourist region in Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. Takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities at Kuta. Beachwalk Shopping Center.
Hard Rock Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to all, but most guests are families, so couples wanting a relaxing holiday might look elsewhere.
- Kids Club: The Roxity Kids Club offers supervised activities like a Beach Party and painting room for those aged four to 12. TABU Teens Club (for 13-18 years) has a cinema, nightclub, and computer games.
- Beach: Just across the main road is the renowned Kuta Beach. It’s busy at times but wide and shady, and the sunsets are amazing. Waves are often more suitable for surfers, so take care and swim between the flags.
- Views: No rooms offer sea views. They all overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The King Suites feature a jacuzzi on the balcony.
- Kitchens: The King Suites contain a kitchenette.
- Parking: Some free and secure spots. Check when booking. But think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 761 869
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hardrockhotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Pools are everywhere and massive enough for a ‘beach,’ fountains, volleyball courts, lifeguards, and a beach club. Some sections are lined with huge thatched-roof gazebos. There’s also a children’s pool, with two waterslides and a playground in the pool..
- Spa: The Rock Spa is big, bold, and beautiful. It also has a yoga/meditation center and exercise classes.
- Fitness Center: The Body Rock gym is vast and features a steam room, sauna, and plunge pools.
- For Families: Extensive playground. Giant outdoor chessboard. Rock climbing wall.
- Activities: All sorts are available, from a Giant Ball to Aqua Aerobics.
- Other Facilities: Medical clinic. Recording studio. Travel agency. Hard Rock shop.
Hard Rock Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Hard Rock Café Bali – Part of the chain renowned across the planet for burgers and rock memorabilia. Also, live music daily until around midnight. • Jamie Oliver Kitchen – One in a worldwide chain run by a celebrity TV chef. Casual dining, popular with families. Just around the corner, less than 350m away. • Starz Diner – All-day dining on a higher floor for views. Colorful décor, attentive service, and open-plan kitchen. • Splash Bistro – All-white seating alongside the pool for pizzas, pasta, and cocktails. Perfect for watching everything going on in the main pool. • Starz Deli (temporarily closed).
- Bars: Centerstage – Near the lobby and featuring enough musical memorabilia for a museum. Live music nightly. • The Shack – Wonderful swim-up bar at the main pool. Open until late. • Sunset Point (temporarily closed).
- Breakfast: Not usually included, but it depends on the type of room and how it was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hard Rock Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Courtyard Room • Deluxe Premium Room • Loft Room • Deluxe Premium Pool Access Room • Deluxe Suite • Roxity Family Suite • Rockstar Suite • Luxury Kids Suite • King Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking on the balconies/patios is permitted, but not in the rooms and public areas.
- Best Room: The King Suites are large and feature a separate living area packed with extras not offered by rivals, e.g., pool table, jacuzzi, and a home-theater system. Also, a dining room, kitchenette, and twin balconies.
- For Families: Many rooms and suites have connecting doors, but there are two fun options, especially for families. The Roxity Family Suites and Luxury Kids Suites feature a second bedroom with twin bunk beds, a PlayStation area, and a separate bathroom.
Hard Rock Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything on offer in Kuta and, to the south, Tuban (also known as South Kuta).
- Cars & Taxis: Metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable to go anywhere within southern Bali. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with a driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness.
- Motorbikes: These can be rented at local agencies and are helpful in getting around Tuban/Kuta/Legian – less so for anywhere else in southern Bali. A popular way to reach anywhere across this part of Bali is by motorbike taxi called an ojek. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach areas outside of southern Bali, like Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 1 km away (far quicker on foot than by taxi).
Hard Rock Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- RossoVivo – Classy Italian-inspired cuisine with a casual street-side setting, colorful décor, and live music. About 350m away along the beachside road (on the way to Beachwalk.)
Beachwalk Shopping Center – World-class multi-level mall with many places to eat and only 400m north up the beachside road. Some include:
- Pizza e Birra – Popular street-side restaurant serving pizza and beer. TV sports and daily specials.
- Café Sardinia – Another fine eatery facing the street. Relaxed setting, extensive wine list, and perfect for people-watching.
- Johnny Rockets – Inside the shopping center. Retro-style American diner famous for burgers, shakes, and fries.
- Food Court – On the top floor of the shopping center, offering authentic and cheaper meals and the best views at the Beachwalk.
Shops & Markets
- Jalan Legian – Lots of minimarts and shops along this street, about 500m away.
- Poppies Lane I & II – Famous shopping side street, but sadly, many shops along these streets closed during 2020-21, but a few new stores are starting to open here.
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – A fabulous selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in air-conditioned comfort. (See above)