Bali Hotels › Hard Rock Hotel
Updated: June 23, 2022
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Best Kuta Hotel: AlamKulkul
• Best Legian Hotel: Padma Resort
• Best Seminyak Hotel: W Bali
• Best Jimbaran Hotel: Four Seasons
• Best Nusa Dua Hotel: Grand Hyatt
• Best Ubud Hotel: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Buahan (Banyan Tree)
Hard Rock Hotel – In downtown Kuta, with vast grounds and endless family-friendly facilities.
This inconceivably massive hotel is right on the busiest corner of Kuta. The Hard Rock theme continues throughout, e.g. autographed guitars line the corridors. The pools, surrounded by thatched gazebos, seem never-ending and even feature a ‘beach’ with volleyball courts, a raised outdoor stage, lifeguards, and a beach club. All rooms are luxurious and face extensive gardens away from the traffic. Probably the finest resort in Bali for families, it offers a children’s pool with a playground in the water, exhilarating kids club with extensive activities, and a range of fun things for the whole clan.
Hard Rock Hotel – The Location
- Area: Faces the beachside road, near the invisible border between Kuta and Tuban (more commonly known as South Kuta). Across the busy road from the world-renowned Kuta Beach, with endless shops and cafés in all directions.
- Address: Jalan Pantai, Banjar Pande Mas, Kuta. On a corner along Jalan Pantai Kuta, the beachside road heading north one-way. In the southern end of Kuta, the major tourist region in Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities at Kuta. Beachwalk Shopping Center.
Hard Rock Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to all, but most guests are families, so couples wanting a relaxing holiday might be better off elsewhere.
- Kids Club: The Roxity Kids Club offers a range of supervised activities, including a Kids Beach Party and painting room for the younger ones. The separate TABU Teens Club features a nightclub, cinema, and oodles of computer games.
- Beach: Just across the main road is the renowned Kuta Beach. It’s public and very busy at times, but wide and shady, and the sunsets are legendary. Waves are often more suitable for surfers, so take care and swim between the flags.
- Views: No rooms offer sea views; they all overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The King Suites feature jacuzzis on the balconies.
- Kitchens: The King Suites contain kitchenettes.
- Parking: Some free and secure spots. Check when booking. But think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 761 869
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: hardrockhotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Pools everywhere and massive enough for a ‘beach’, fountains, volleyball courts, a lifeguard, and a beach club. Some sections are lined with huge thatched gazebos. Also a children’s pool, with 2 waterslides and a playground in the water.
- Spa: The Rock Spa is big, bold, and beautiful. Also, a yoga/meditation center and exercise classes.
- Fitness Center: The Body Rock Gym is vast and features a steam room, sauna, and plunge pools.
- For Families: Extensive playground. Giant outdoor chessboard. Rock climbing.
- Activities: All sorts available from Giant Ball to Water Aerobics.
- Other Facilities: Medical clinic. Recording studio. Travel agency. Hard Rock shop.
Hard Rock Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Hard Rock Café – Part of the chain renowned across the planet for burgers and rock memorabilia. Also, live music until the wee hours. • Jamie’s Italian – One in a worldwide chain run by a celebrity TV chef for all sorts of delizioso food. Children’s menu. Just around the corner, less than 350m away. • Starz Diner – All-day dining, on a higher floor for views. Colorful décor, attentive service, and open-plan kitchen areas. • Splash Bistro – All-white seating alongside the pool for pizzas, pasta, and cocktails. Perfect for watching everything going on in the pool. • Starz Deli – Eat-in and takeaway coffee, pastries, and juices.
- Bars: Centerstage – Near the lobby, featuring enough musical memorabilia to resemble a museum. Loud music nightly. • The Shack – Swim up to the bar on the ‘sandy’ island in the middle of the pool. Open until late. • Sunset Point – Intimate, with limited opening hours, so often ignored. For cocktails and snacks, but sunset views are not always unobstructed.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but depends on the type of room and how it was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hard Rock Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Courtyard Room • Deluxe Premium Room • Deluxe Premium Pool Access Room • Deluxe Premium Courtyard Room • Loft Room • Deluxe Suite • Roxity Family Suite • Rockstar Suite • Luxury Kids Suite • King Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking on the balconies/patios is okay, but not in the rooms and public areas.
- Best Room: King Suites are super large and feature separate living areas packed with extras not offered by rivals, e.g. pool tables, jacuzzis, and home-theater systems. Also, dining rooms, kitchenettes, and twin balconies.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors, but there are several fun options especially for families. The Roxity Family Suites contain double bunk beds in separate kids rooms, and the more spacious and recently-renovated Luxury Kids Suites have second bathrooms and face a special pool.
Hard Rock Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Kuta and Tuban (to the south) have to offer.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Tuban/Kuta/Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services all over Bali from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 1 km away (quicker on foot than taxi).
Hard Rock Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – Only 400m north and the international-standard. Packed with great places to eat and drink as well as a food court, ideal for trying Indonesian food.
- Rosso Vivo Italian Dine & Lounge – Much better than the renowned fast-foot outlets along the main road that are noisy and none with sea views. It offers classy cuisine, bright décor, and live music. About 350m north up the beachside road.
Far quieter are places along Poppies Lane I, which heads inland about 250m north along the beachside road from the resort lobby.
- Sandbar Kuta – Renowned position (Maharani Beach Hotel, on the corner of the main road and Poppies Lane I) for people-watching and cocktails. Also popular for all-day breakfast, outdoor bar, and tempting food specials.
- Kuta Puri Restaurant – Classic Kuta-style eatery for the usual Indonesian and Western standards. Children’s meals and Indian food. Opposite the Pronto.
- Club Havana Bali Restaurant & Bar – Kebabs, tortas, and grilled seafood. Well-liked hangout with chessboard, live music, and children’s meals. About 400m down the lane from the Sandbar at the corner.
Shops & Markets
Lots of minimarts everywhere and shops in all directions.
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – For a congregated and more varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort, stroll (400m) up the beachside road to this world-class mall.