Bali Hotels › Hyatt Regency
Updated: May 1, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: Facing the beach in downtown Sanur (in southern Bali) and about 25 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: hyatt.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 281 234
• Check prices for Hyatt Regency
Hyatt Regency – Newly renovated with world-class facilities and unimaginably vast gardens.
After major (and much-needed) renovations in recent years, the Hyatt is firmly back as one of Bali’s premier resorts. The grounds are massive enough for guests to need maps, and with so many ponds, plants, trees, and lawns, it resembles a city botanical garden. The vast array of rooms and suites feature a sizable balcony or patio; many are large enough to fit in a king-sized bed easily. There are also plenty of accommodations for families. Youngsters love the children’s pool, playground, and spacious Camp Hyatt kids club. Adults relish all the superb facilities of this renovated five-star resort, and everyone enjoys the immaculately maintained beach, three pools, and range of water sports. Remarkably, this is in downtown Sanur, with many places to eat, drink, and shop along the main road and beachside path (perfect for walking and cycling).
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Sunar Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
Hyatt Regency – The Location
- Area: Top location in central Sanur. A little quieter and less developed in the immediate area, but enough shops, cafés, and other facilities along the road and beachside path within a 10-minute stroll.
- Address: Jalan Danau Tamblingan road No 89 The reception is back from the main road through Sanur, a more relaxed tourist region in southern Bali. Most guests use the pedestrian entrance along the beachside path.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (15km), depending on traffic.
Hyatt Regency – The Basics
- Guests: Appeals to all – from couples on romantic holidays to large families seeking fun activities.
- Kids’ Club: The spacious Camp Hyatt offers all sorts of activities for ages three to 12. Also, an outdoor playground. Fully supervised and open from 9 am to 6 pm daily.
- Beach: Wide, clean, and beautifully maintained by the hotel for guests. Like all others in Sanur, it’s not private (despite what the hotel may claim)
- Views: All rooms and suites are set back from the sea, so none have ocean views. They all overlook the extensive lawns and gardens.
- Kitchens: The Executive Suites have a kitchen.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Parking: Parking is available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 281 234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hyatt.com
Hyatt Regency – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools, all beautifully designed. The one along the beachfront is large and beautiful. Another is designed especially for young children.
- Spa: Top-class, with its own gardens. Range of signature treatments by highly-trained staff.
- Fitness Center: As large and well-equipped as expected. Open 24 hours.
- For Families: Bike rental.
- Other Facilities: Business Center.
Hyatt Regency – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Paon Bali Resto & Bar – Omang Omang – Open all day for seafood and quality Indonesian cuisine • Pizzaria – Obvious focus, pasta, and seafood. Beautiful beachside setting, popular with families. • Piano Lounge – Sophisticated setting next to the lobby. Cocktails, afternoon teas, and all sorts of drinks late into the night.
- Breakfast: Only included for guests who are part of the Regency Club, e.g., book a King Bed Club Access room.
- Room Service: Available daily during restaurant hours from 6 am to 10 pm.
Hyatt Regency – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 King Bed • 2 Twin Beds • 1 King Bed Deluxe • 2 Twin Beds Deluxe • 1 King Bed Premium • 2 Twin Beds Premium • 1 King Bed Club Access • 2 Twin Beds Club Access • 1 King Bed Club Access Deluxe • 2 Twin Beds Club Access Deluxe • 1 King Bed Club Access Premium • 2 Twin Beds Club Access Premium • Family Suites with 1 King Bed • Regency Suite with 1 King Bed • Executive Suite with 1 King Bed • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Strict policies, so check with management before lighting up.
- Best Room: The Executive Suites are more than double the size of a standard room, and have a kitchen, living, and dining area. Club Access rooms are also worthwhile for the free breakfast and complimentary cocktail hours.
- For Families: Great choice, including adjoining rooms with connecting doors or using fold-away beds for up to two youngsters. Family Suites have a living area; Regency Suites, a living/dining area; and the Executive Suites also have a living, dining, and kitchen area. But note: only children under 12 can be in the same room as adults.
Hyatt Regency – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is certainly more pleasant than almost anywhere else in Bali. Walking, jogging, and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches nearly the entire length of Sanur (about 6km). With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is popular – and bikes can be rented from vendors along the beach or at the resort.
- Public Transport: Local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) still ply the main road. Fares are set but invariably inflated for tourists.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible and should be arranged through the resort. Taxis are abundant, cheap, comfortable, and the best option anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. Ignore drivers hanging about the streets and also organize this through the hotel.
- Motorbikes: Easy to rent and helpful in getting around Sanur. A motorbike taxi called an ojek is a popular way to reach anywhere in or around Sanur. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any tourist area outside of southern Bali, like Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, but services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its office on Jalan Hang Tuah (4km north).
Hyatt Regency – What’s Nearby?
Because the Hyatt is so massive and the equally gigantic Andaz hotel is next door, the range of places to eat, drink, and shop in the immediate area is limited. But there are plenty of places within a 10-minute stroll from the gate along the main road or via the beachside path, only meters from the main pool at the Hyatt.
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Warung Pantai Indah – The “Lovely Beach Food Stall” is one of those classic family-run cafes slowly disappearing in Sanur. Cheap meals, perfect beachside position, grilled fish, and cheerful service. About 400m north along the beachside path.
- Nesa Combi – Tasty meals, live music, and quirky décor. Also popular for less-than-expected prices. A 10-minute walk north up the road.
- Paradise Bali – Outstanding for all sorts of healthy meals and drinks at reasonable prices. Comfy chairs and trendy background music. Also, a fitness center and yoga classes. 500m north along the main road.
These three places are less than 400m south down the beachside path from the main pool at the Hyatt.
- Tapha – Delightful cafe for crepes, seafood, and all sorts of options to delight the young ones.
- Lilla Pantai – Welcoming and casual with an interesting menu and friendly service. Particularly romantic at night.
- Pier Eight – Trendy but relaxed and less expensive than imagined. Great for people-watching.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter