Bali Hotels › Indiana Kenanga
Updated: May 26, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: In a village on the northwestern side of Nusa Lembongan island (off the southeast side of Bali), on Jungutbatu Beach, and accessible by speedboat.
• Hotel website: indiana-kenanga-villas.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)366 559 6371
• Check prices for Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa — Sumptuous villas in idyllic location along the street and beach.
This luxury resort sits along a narrow block between the white sandy beach and the bustling main street of Jungutbatu, the primary village on the island. The French influence of the owners and designers is apparent throughout. Offering only spacious villas behind secluded lofty walls that are quietly distant from the street. Each features a private tropical garden and an extended patio. Villas with two bedrooms have a private pool. There are two fabulous main pools, and just out front is the clean, shady beach with perfect views of the ocean and sunset. The resort is particularly romantic and ideal for couples and is near Nusa Lembongan’s best facilities and the speedboat port.
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels on Nusa Lembongan
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – The Location
- Area: About halfway along Jungutbatu, with enough facilities via the beach or main street in both directions. The entrance is easy to miss. The reception area is about 200m down an access lane from the main road.
- Address: Jalan Jungutbatu Beach street #56, Nusa Lembongan, the main village on the island of Nusa Lembongan, is about 30 minutes by speedboat from Bali (or longer if coming from the Gili Islands).
- How to Get There: The only way to reach Nusa Lembongan island is by speedboat from Sanur or Padangbai on Bali, often with connections to/from the Gili Islands. Compare schedules and book online. Most boats land in the southern section of Jungutbatu, about 1.5km south of the resort via the beach or street. And note: getting on/off speedboats involves wading through the water, sometimes knee-high.
- Handy to: Jungutbatu village. Offices/terminals for speedboats to Bali and the Gili Islands.
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – The Basics
- Guests: Overall “beach club” vibe is popular with younger couples and groups. Also, ideal for honeymooners.
- Beach: The resort faces a public beach, busy but lacking the fishing boats lined up elsewhere. The sand is clean, and there are plenty of umbrellas and lounge chairs to rent from vendors on the beach.
- Views: All villas are secluded behind lofty walls facing a private garden and/or pool.
- Kitchen: The larger villas feature a kitchenette.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Two Bedroom Villas have a private pool.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)366 559 6371
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: indiana-kenanga-villas.com
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Two very nice pools. The one at the front is alongside the café and almost at the beach, so it often gets crowded. The other is further back and quieter.
- Spa: The staff is highly-trained and provides a tempting selection of Balinese and Chinese massages. Yoga classes.
- Fitness Center: Not provided.
- Other Facilities: Boutique sells clothes, jewelry, and handicrafts.
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The restaurant at the front offers fine dining and tables on the sand. Popular with all tourists for cocktails, tapas, and seafood. (The crepe café further into the grounds and next to the second pool is temporarily closed.)
- Breakfast: Not included. Pay when booking.
- Room Service: Available from about 7 am to 10 pm.
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: One Bedroom Villa with a Garden. • Two Bedroom Villa with a Private Pool • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the villas but permitted elsewhere on the grounds.
- Best Room: Villas are pretty similar inside. Those located midway along the property (i.e., furthest from the main pool, restaurant, and street) would be quieter. Villas with two bedrooms have a private pool.
- For Families: Two villas feature two bedrooms and a private pool, but the resort isn’t family focused.
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Expect to do plenty of walking. Bicycles are a great option in and around Jungutbatu village, but nowhere else because of the hills and potholes around the island. Rent bikes in the village or ask at the resort.
- Other Transport: Officially, no cars are allowed on the island. Motorbikes are easy to rent and a terrific way to explore; licenses are not required. “Taxis” (pickup trucks) ply the narrow roads, operated by hotels and speedboat companies, so arrange a lift through the resort. Rent drive-yourself buggies at Mushroom Bay and charter boats for a more scenic way to reach remote parts of the island.
Indiana Kenanga Boutique Hotel & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
These places are south along the main street. Distances are from where the access path (200m) to the resort meets the main road.
- Bali ECO Deli – Popular, eco-friendly, and breezy. Focus on healthy meals and drinks. Terrific for breakfast and brunch. 300m.
- Lemongrass Bar & Restaurant – Cozy and welcoming. Vibrant setting, reasonable prices, and live music some nights. 100m.
- Mickey Sports Bar & Restaurant – Expat hangout with a lively bar, darts, and snooker tables. Also, TV sports, happy hours, and regular live music. 150m.
- Sukanusa Bar & Kitchen – Attractive setting and street-side benches for people-watching. Virtually opposite the beginning of the laneway to the resort.
In both directions, there are many great places facing the beach and accessible along the sand. These include:
- Agus Shipwreck Bar & Restaurant – Old-time favorite and newly renovated. Barbeques at sunsets, varied menu, and a small pool for diners. Next to the resort.
- Ohana’s – Hip beach club and restaurant with the perfect location. Beanbags and bonfires on the sand for sunsets, DJs late into the evening, and a pool for anyone eating/drinking there. Only 50m south.
Nearby Shops & Market
- Enough minimarts and low-key shops along the main street in Jungutbatu, but nothing else to get excited about.
- Mushroom Bay – (4.5km) is more appealing than Jungutbatu for swimming and snorkeling, but access is problematic without a motorbike.
- Song Lambung – Also called Coconut Beach or Selambung, is a Crusoe-esque beach. A delightful 25-minute walk along the coast south from the resort. Farther along are inviting eateries like The Deck Café & Bar. Follow the new path and boardwalk that skirts around the cliffs to get there.
- Scuba Diving – Arrange more serious exploration of the underwater delights around the island through scuba diving agencies in Jungutbatu.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter