Bali Hotels › Jimbaran Puri
Updated: April 10, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: In Jimbaran (southern Bali) facing the beach about 15 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: belmond.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 701 605
• Check prices for Jimbaran Puri
Jimbaran Puri – Hidden gem with perfect tropical-style beach, pool, and villas.
This gorgeous boutique resort faces a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and beautifully marries the traditional (e.g., thatched roof) with the new (e.g., private pools). Among the manicured gardens are spacious cottages with teak furniture, a sunken bathtub, and marble floors. Elsewhere are secluded villas (with one or two bedrooms) featuring a substantial private pool and a private butler. Adding further to the charm and tropical holiday vibe are the boutique, library, and shimmering infinity pool alongside the beach, lined with cabanas and angled palms. The resort is serenely located 300m from the main road in a quieter part of Jimbaran and only a short stroll to the seafood cafés that set up tables on the sand for the majestic sunsets.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Jimbaran
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Maps
Jimbaran Puri – The Location
- Area: Faces the beach midway along Jimbaran, a quiet tourist region south of the airport. Within walking distance of a few cafés along the main road and beach.
- Address: Jalan Uluwatu street, Yoga Perkanthi lane, Jimbaran. At the end of a quiet dead-end street to the beach and 300m from the main road through Jimbaran.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Depending on traffic, this only takes about 15 minutes (6km).
- Handy to: Village with temple and market. Cafés on the sand for seafood dinners at sunset.
Jimbaran Puri – The Basics
- Guests: Most guests are couples.
- Beach: Long, virtually private, and delightfully uncrowded. Curved, with calm waters and white sand.
- Views: Cottages facing the sea are a little distant, and windows are undersized, so ocean views are minimal (despite what the resort may claim). Other cottages overlook the lawns and pool. Villas are secluded behind walls.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The pool villas feature a substantial pool with extensive decking.
- Parking: Some free and secure parking is available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- Extras: Free afternoon tea in some villas.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 701 605
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: belmond.com
Jimbaran Puri – Amenities
- Pool: The superb infinity pool is long, sparkling, and surrounded by shady palms and inviting hammocks. Dedicated area for children.
- Spa: With intimate treatment rooms and massage tables outside, The Beach Spa is one of the finest in Jimbaran.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Activities: Kids Activities. Cooking lessons. Yoga classes. Local tours (e.g., temple and fish market). Kite-making.
- Other Facilities: Library. Boutique.
Jimbaran Puri – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Nelayan Restaurant – Spectacular setting spread across the white sand just meters from the water. Seafood, as well as Italian and French cuisine. • Tunkung Restaurant – Further back from the beach, facing the ponds, but still with sea views. Currently, breakfast only. • Puri Bar – Alongside the beach and pool, various cocktails, beers, and juices are served.
- Breakfast: Included in many rates depending on how the room is booked.
- Room Service: Available between about 6 am and 10 pm.
Jimbaran Puri – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Garden View Cottage • Garden View Cottage Suite • Beach View Cottage Suites • Garden View Pool Villa • Beach View Pool Villa • Garden View Two Bedroom Pool Villa • Deluxe Pool Villa (one or two bedrooms) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in or around the cottages or villas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: About three times larger than the standard cottages, the Deluxe Pool Villas are secluded, opulent, and beautifully decorated with Balinese arts and crafts. The private pool is substantial, surrounded by a deck, and designed with fountains.
- For Families: SSome villas have two bedrooms (with a second bedroom upstairs) and a private pool.
Jimbaran Puri – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With flat roads and less traffic than most other regions, walking around Jimbaran is pleasant – and often quicker via the beach than the road. Ask at the resort about bike rentals.
- Cars & Taxis: A few taxis ply the main road in central Jimbaran and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a rental is possible at a local agency. Organize these transport options at the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are useful for getting around Jimbaran. Ask the hotel about renting one through a local agency. A popular mode of transport is a motorbike taxi called an ojek. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Jimbaran Puri – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
More than a dozen seafood cafés are clustered at the end of Jalan Pemelisan Agung Street, about 300m north of the resort via the beach. Often with wandering musicians, fireworks, and traditional dances, dinner on the sand during sunset will be a highlight of any trip to Bali. Most cafes are open all day. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood, but other meals are available.
Otherwise, there isn’t a lot in this part of Jimbaran, but these two options are excellent:
- Kayumanis Resto – Barely a two-minute walk from the street entrance to the resort. Contemporary Indonesian cuisine and seafood in a beautiful traditional setting. Tables on the lawn.
- The Open House Bali – Cute café offers hearty servings of Indonesian food, salads, sandwiches, cocktails, and coffee. Welcoming garden setting. About 200m north along the beach and then 100m east along the first street (Jalan Pemelisan Agung).
Shops & Market
- Jimbaran Market — Worth exploring. The experience is similar to an authentic Balinese market. About 700m. At the intersection of the street to the resort and main road, turn left (north).
- Samasta Lifestyle Village — Popular outdoor mall with boutiques and souvenir shops, some tempting eateries, and the Timezone games arcade. Take a taxi (seven minutes).
- Sunset Dinner on the Beach — A highlight of any trip to Bali is dinner at sunset on the sand in Jimbaran. With wandering musicians, fireworks, and traditional dances, this should not be missed. Cafés set up from 4 pm at several places along the beach (including the end of Jalan Pemelisan Agung street, 300m north of the resort), but most are also open all day. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood, but other meals are available.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter