Bali Hotels › Padma Resort
Updated: February 10, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Nusa Dua: St. Regis
• Jimbaran: Four Seasons
• Seminyak: W Bali
• Legian: Padma Resort
• Kuta: Hard Rock
• Ubud: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: Across a lane/path from Legian Beach
• Hotel website: padmaresortlegian.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 752 111
• Check prices for Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian – Massive, traditional, convenient, and perfect for families.
A gigantic complex within walking distance of Kuta and Seminyak, this long-established resort is based around lovingly landscaped gardens and features an overall design that is unapologetically Balinese. Of the 13 categories of accommodation, the spacious and comfortable bungalows (called chalets) include a wide balcony/porch overlooking tropical plants. The smaller Deluxe Rooms are in a motel-style section but still pleasingly traditional in design and furnishings, and patios on the ground-floor rooms spill out into one of four pools. Some suites have two bedrooms and are ideal for families, while the Presidential Suites, with three bedrooms, a private pool, and butler service, are fit for a president. The beachfront pool appears endless and has an enticing swim-up bar. The younger ones would enjoy the children’s pool with waterslides and all the fun activities offered at the supervised kids club and attached Games Center.
Padma Resort Legian – The Location
- Area: Overlooks a gorgeous beach and the quiet non-vehicle seaside path. Terrific position and unlimited facilities in all directions.
- Address: Jl. Padma No. 1 Legian. In the southern section of Legian, part of the most popular tourist region in Bali. The primary vehicle entrance is along Jalan Padma, a dead-end access road to the beach. Another entrance faces the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Takes about 20 minutes (7km), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Legian, Kuta, and Seminyak.
Padma Resort Legian – The Basics
- Guests: Primarily for families, so always busy and noisy. May not suit child-free guests seeking relaxation.
- Kids Club: The Wolly Kids Club has spacious areas inside. Supervised and engaging, with plenty of activities, such as towel origami, turtle-feeding, and Balinese dancing. Alongside is the Games Center, with numerous games, toys, and computers.
- Beach: Directly faces (across a path) a wide, clean beach—plenty of shade and drink stalls. Waves are often more suitable for surfing, so be careful and swim between the flags.
- Kitchens: Only in the Presidential Suites.
- Views: A few rooms face the sea but any possible views are distant and/or obstructed. Almost all accommodations face the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The patios attached to some of the newer ground-level rooms open out to the common pool. The Presidential Suites feature private pools.
- Parking: Limited free and secure parking available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 752 111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: padmaresortlegian.com
Padma Resort Legian – Amenities
- Pool: The pools seem endless. The main one is shady, faces the sea, and offers one of the finest swim-up bars imaginable. Also, swimming areas for children and a dedicated Family Pool with three waterslides.
- Spa: The Spa offers a wide range of luxurious treatments using special products. Beauty salon attached.
- Fitness Center: Large and well-equipped, with sauna and steam room. Yoga classes and personal trainers are available.
- For Families: Playground. Games Center. Baby-sitting. Children’s pool with waterslides. Children’s menus in the restaurants.
- Activities: Tennis court. Water aerobics. Yoga classes. Cooking lessons.
- Other Facilities: ‘Departure lounge’ (for arrival before check-in or late flights home). Boutique. Business Center. Beauty Salon. Laundry.
Padma Resort Legian – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Tenkai Japanese Nikkei Restaurant – Classy décor and fascinating fusion of Japanese and Peruvian cuisine. Often buffets. Dinner only. • DONBIU – For breakfast and dinner. Popular with families for live music, themed buffets, and traditional dance shows. • The Deli – Casual indoor and garden setting for coffee, cakes, ice cream, and snacks. TV sports. • The Barong Juice Bar – All sorts of drinks, milkshakes, and ice creams.
- Bars: S.K.A.I. Beach Club –(Temporarily closed.) – Lounge chairs and umbrellas alongside a pool facing the beach on an elevated platform for maximum views. All-day tapas, pasta, pizzas, and vegetarian meals. DJs and bands at night. • The Barong Pool Bar & Café – Bright setting alongside the main pool. Popular with kids for the variety of junk food and with parents watching their children in the pool. • Seruni Sunken Pool Bar – One of the finest of its kind in Bali. Light meals and regular live music..
- Breakfast: Usually included but double-check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Padma Resort Legian – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Lagoon View • Deluxe Chalet • Premier Double Double • Family Room • Garden Club Chalet • Lagoon Access Room • Junior Suite • Studio Suite • 1-Bedroom Balcony Suite • 2-Bedroom Balcony Suite • Deluxe Suite • Presidential Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Presidential Suites are very spacious and luxurious, featuring 3 bedrooms, separate living areas with bars and kitchens, swimming pools, private butler service, and prime ocean views.
- For Families: Most rooms have space for an extra single bed and some of the larger suites feature two bedrooms. The Presidential Suites can even accommodate nine people. Best are the Family Rooms, with twin bunk beds in a separate bedroom (and another bathroom) that can accommodate five. These are in the separate Family Block alongside the dedicated Family Pool and near the kids club.
Padma Resort Legian – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Legian offers, with the bonus of being within walking (and bicycling) distance of Kuta and Seminyak. Cycling on the path alongside Legian Beach is great fun. Ask the hotel about bike rentals.
- Taxis, Cars, & Motorbikes : Metered taxis to anywhere within southern Bali are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Drivers hang out on street corners, but it’s better to organize them through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Legian is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent at local agencies to drive around Kuta/Legian/Seminyak – less so for anywhere else in southern Bali. A motorbike taxi called an ojek is A popular way to get around. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another tourist area outside of southern Bali, e.g., Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The primary operator, Perama, has services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 3km south of the resort.
Padma Resort Legian – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Posers Pub – Great corner setting, daily specials at excellent prices, and hearty servings. Popular expat hangout and terrific for people-watching. About 100m east along Jalan Padma street from the vehicle entrance to the resort (and away from the beach)
- Asian Spice – Art deco setting, with garden seating in the back, serving authentic cuisine from across the continent. Only 100m from the vehicle entrance (and away from the beach).
- Fresco Café – Popular for coffee, light meals, and long chats, but hard to find a table. Less than a one-minute walk from the main entrance (and away from the beach).
- La Monde – Always packed for those seeking hearty meals at less-than-expected prices. About 150m around the corner along Jalan Padma Utara street from the resort’s vehicle entrance (and away from the beach).
- Azul Beach Club – Attractive setting, tropical vibe, and fab views. Also, happy hours, yoga classes, and live music. Only 200m south down the beachside path.
Jalan Legian is the main shopping street, about 500m east of the hotel via Jalan Padma.
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – This world-class mall in Kuta offers a more concentrated and varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop. Follow the beachside path south from the resort for about 20 minutes.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter