Bali Hotels › Raffles Jimbaran
Updated: February 15, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: Spectacular secluded location on a cliff with beach access on the southern end of Jimbaran.
• Hotel website: raffles.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 201 5800
• Check prices for Raffles
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – Height of luxury, serenity, intimacy, and seclusion – perfect for a romantic getaway.
Only 32 villas scatter the 57 acres of gardens, forest, and jungle. Raffles almost redefines the word ‘luxury’ with private pools and ‘Wellbeing Butler’ service. Villas (some with two bedrooms) are big and impeccably furnished. Lounge chairs surround the substantial private pools facing the ocean, and perched alongside is a gazebo for maximum Jimbaran Bay views. Seclusion and privacy are guaranteed: villas are behind walls or thick foliage, and check-in can be handled inside the villa. Guests can swim in the main pool with infinity edges that merge into the sky and sea or at the Crusoesque cove of powder-white sand only accessible from the resort. Nothing is within walking distance, but Raffles is just a five-minute taxi trip to a lovely outdoor mall and beachside cafés with tables on the sand for a magical sunset.
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – The Location
- Address: Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera 1A, Jimbaran Bay, at the extreme southern end of Jimbaran, where it merges into Bukit Peninsula.
- Area: Along a steep road, villas peppered along the cliff. It feels remote but less isolated than other resorts around Bukit Peninsula. The reception area is about 300m (by golf cart) from the main gate. Peaceful but only a five-minute drive from beachside cafes and a mall.
- How to Get There: The resort offers airport transportation to/from Ngurah Rai International Airport. Other airport options are metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. It takes about 25 minutes (9km), depending on traffic.
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – The Basics
- Guests: The seclusion suits couples, especially those on a romantic holiday. Exceptionally catered to Honeymooners.
- Beach: Down some steep steps or accessible by golf carts is a divine cove of bleached-white sand. Idyllic and only for guests and often completely deserted. The beach at Jimbaran (1km away) is one of Bali’s finest: curved, with calm water and white sand, and far less crowded than Kuta, Seminyak, and Sanur.
- Views: Villas are designed to face the sea, but trees and other villas often obstruct views.
- Kitchen: The Raffles Presidential Villa has a fully-equipped kitchen.
- Private Pools: All 32 villas have a decent-sized private infinity pool that faces the ocean.
- Extras: Fitness center, Spa, Free bicycle rental, but the paths in the resort and the outside roads are steep.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 201 5800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: raffles.com
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – Amenities
- Pool: Magnificent infinity pool facing the beach with plenty of lounge chairs. Next to the restaurant.
- Spa: Soaking tub on a terrace, inspired traditional treatments, and yoga classes – the Raffles Spa has it all.
- Fitness Center: Open 24 hours with an extraordinary array of equipment.
- Activities: Free morning yoga.
- Other Facilities: Tennis court. Boutique.
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – Food and Drink
Some restaurants have a dress code and are for resort guests only.
- Restaurants & Bars:
Loloan Beach Bar and Grill — Next to the main pool, with lovely coastal views. Wood-fired pizzas, seafood, and occasional Balinese performances.
The Farm Terrace — Private dinner for guests, must be booked in advance. Also, cooking classes.
The Purnama — Romantic dinner for one couple in a Gazebo perched on a rocky outcrop above the sea.
The Secret Cave — Another divine setting for one couple – this time inside a cave.
Rumari — Romantic setting for contemporary Indonesian food. Also, where breakfast is served.
Iconic Writers Bar — Cocktails, colonial vibe, terraced setting, and jungle views.
- Breakfast: Not included but can be paid for when booking.
- Room Service: Available daily from about 7 am to 9 pm. Personal butler service available 24/7.
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – Rooms
- Room Types: Ocean Pool Villa • Ocean Front Two Bedroom Villa • Panoramic Pool Villa • Hill Top Pool Villa • Raffles Presidential Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Quite strict about smoking. Ask reception about dedicated areas.
- Best Room: The Raffles Presidential Villa is as luxurious as imagined. It’s secluded and private. A definite wow factor, with unique art, two bedrooms, a huge dining/kitchen area, and unobstructed sea views.
- For Families: Most villas are for two people, but the Ocean Front Two Bedroom Villa and the Presidential Villa will accommodate four people. There’s a children’s welcome kit and a customizable kids program to suit guests’ needs.
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With flat roads and less traffic than in other regions, walking around central Jimbaran is pleasant – and often quicker via the beach than the road. Access to the resort, however, is steep, and reception is about 300m from the main road. Ask at the resort about bike rentals.
- Cars & Taxis: A few taxis ply the main road and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but rental is possible at a local agency. Organize these transport options at the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are useful for getting around Jimbaran; ask at the resort about renting one through a local agency. A popular mode of transport is a motorbike taxi called an ojek. Drivers may not come out this far, but try through the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Raffles Bali Resort in Jimbaran – What’s Nearby?
- The resort’s isolated and nothing is within walking distance. Ask reception to arrange a metered taxi or chartered car with a driver.
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Seafood Cafés: Just over 1km down from the main gate at the resort is a cluster of cafés specializing in seafood at Muaya Beach. These cafés are open all day, but extra tables are set up on the sand for a romantic dinner at sunset. Meals are often accompanied by wandering musicians and Balinese dance performances. Other food options are available.
- Cafés on/by the Beach: About 1km down the road from the main gate and just before (south of) Muaya Beach are some low-key cafés facing (or on) the sand. These are open all day and evening and include White Sands Beach House and JWB Pizza Beach.
- Samasta Lifestyle Village: A mall with lots of restaurants and bars. Here’s some to try:
Bebek Bengil — One in a chain of classy restaurants specializing in roast duck.
WAHAHA — Claims to have the ‘Best Pork Ribs in Bali’
Chir Chir — Describes itself as a ‘Korean Fusion Chicken Factory.’
- Samasta Lifestyle Village: The finest selection of shops in Jimbaran and about 1km from the resort. This outdoor mall has several boutiques and souvenir shops, some tempting eateries (see above), and the Timezone games arcade. Best to get there by taxi, because the roads are not suitable for walking or cycling.