Bali Hotels › Segara Village
Updated: May 15, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: In Sanur (southern Bali), on beautiful Sanur Beach, close to many shops & restaurants, and about 25 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: segaravillage.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 288 407
• Check prices for Segara Village Hotel
Segara Village Hotel – Enchanting resort with traditional feel, excellent location, and impressive family facilities.
Still delighting tourists for over 65 years, the Segara modernizes without sacrificing charm, especially around the sprawling gardens packed with ponds and fountains. The Deluxe Rooms are compact and comfortable, with Balinese touches and a broad patio/balcony overlooking bright-green grass or one of the three pools. More appealing are the bungalows concealed behind tropical plants at the back of the property and those in the adults-only Segara Club section. The main pool features a stunning design and is only meters from the pristine beach. The resort caters well for families, too, with a kids club, adventure playground, tennis court, and so much to explore around the vast grounds. Plenty of facilities are spread along the main road, but most guests prefer to eat/drink at cafés along the beachside path, which is ideal for walking and cycling.
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Sanur Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
Segara Village Hotel – The Location
- Area: Faces a beach and side street in northern Sanur, a quieter tourist region in southern Bali. Plenty of facilities in all directions.
- Address: End of Jalan Segara Ayu, a dead-end side street to the beach from Jalan Danau Toba (the main road through Sanur). The primary vehicle entrance is along the side street, but most guests use the pedestrian exits leading to the beachside path.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (16km), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Speedboats to Nusa Lembongan island and the Gili Islands. Golf course. Perama shuttle bus office.
Segara Village Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Caters very well to everyone. A separate wing of rooms with a pool for families. Those without children may want to stay at the adults-only Segara Club rooms with their pool.
- Kids Club: Particularly appealing, with a shady playground and open-air games room.
- Beach: Spotless, but like all beaches in Sanur, it’s not private. Plenty of gazebos and lounge chairs on the sand.
- Views: All rooms are nicely positioned 200m or more from the beach, so none offer sea views. They all face the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Extras: Bicycle rental. Complimentary afternoon tea with cake for all guests. If staying in the adults-only Segara Club rooms, complimentary cocktails and canapes for two hours daily.
- Parking: Some free and secure parking spots at the main gate, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 288 407
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: segaravillage.com
Segara Village Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools. The large one with infinity edges is popular with children who love the splash area. It faces the beach and has a swim-up bar. Another pool is shadier for those staying in the adults-only Segara Club rooms. A third is for young children.
- Spa: Indulge in treatments for the body, mind, and soul at The Spa at Segara.
- Fitness Center: None.
- For Families: Playground and games area with ping pong. Baby-sitting.
- Activities: Water sports kiosk. Snooker table. Basketball/tennis court. Cooking classes. Weekly cultural events.
- Other Facilities: Business Center. Library. Laundry.
Segara Village Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Byrdhouse Beach Club – Bright, spacious, and airy, with a fashionable setting along the beachside path. Complimentary afternoon tea for all guests and live music most nights. • Jacuzzi Bar – Classic swim-up bar for cocktails and light meals.
- Breakfast: Included if staying at the adults-only Segara Club rooms, but costs extra otherwise.
- Room Service: Available from about 6 am to midnight.
Segara Village Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Bungalow Room • Family Bungalow Room • The Segara@Village2 • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, and rules elsewhere are fairly strict, so check when booking.
- Best Room: The Segara@Village2 Bungalows are very private and spacious and share a separate pool. They feature a home theater system and direct beach access. Adults only.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors. The Family Bungalows are ideal: two-level, with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a sizeable living area.
Segara Village Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is pleasant, and cycling is also popular with flat roads and minimal traffic. Rent bikes from the resort. Walking, jogging, and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that passes the resort and stretches almost the entire length of Sanur (about 6km).
- Public Transport: Sanur is unique within southern Bali as local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) still ply the main road.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Taxis are abundant, cheap, comfortable, and the best option anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. Ignore the drivers hanging about the streets and organize this through the resort.
- Motorbikes: Easy to rent and helpful in getting around Sanur. A popular way to get around Sanur is a motorbike taxi called an ojek. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using Grab and Gojek downloadable apps.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any tourist area outside of southern Bali, e.g., Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, but services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its office on Jalan Hang Tuah (1.5km away).
Segara Village Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Soul on the Beach – Breezy setting, arty décor, and cheerful service. Well-liked for its creative menu and tempting daily specials. About 200m south down the beachside path from the main resort pool.
- Benno’s Sanur Beach Restaurant – The sort of classic old-style Sanur café that’s sadly disappearing. On the sand, open early for breakfast, and very friendly. A five-minute walk south down the beachside path.
- Sand Beach Bar & Restaurant – Delightful setting and divine seafood. Often busy at breakfast and brunch. Worth the 500m stroll south down the beachside path.
- Segara – The Seaside Bar & Restaurant – Alongside the resort and facing the beach. Community-owned and a great value, with live music every night.
- A couple of basic minimarts are along the beachside path. Otherwise, walk about 300m to the main road (Jalan Danau Toba) through Sanur, which offers all sorts of facilities.