Bali Hotels › The Seminyak
Updated: April 3, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: In the northern part of Seminyak on the beach, about 30 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: theseminyak.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 730 814
• Check prices for The Seminyak
The Seminyak – Vast, stylish, and serene – and one of Bali’s finest beachside pools.
Rooms are either in the Beach Wing facing the sea or the extensive Garden Wing on the other side of the street. All are comfortable without being opulent and feature modern Balinese décor. The larger luxurious suites offer a jacuzzi with sea views, and the secluded villas with a private pool are sumptuous. The beachside infinity pool is one of the most magical in Bali, with a swim-up bar, palms, statues, and fountains. A better value than most rivals in Seminyak, this resort is particularly romantic, although families are still welcome. It’s situated where the reasonably quiet street narrows towards the beach and within a short stroll of the numerous bars, restaurants, boutiques, and beach clubs for which the ‘Yak is renowned.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Seminyak
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Maps
The Seminyak – The Location
- Area: Between the street and Seminyak Beach. Fabulous selection of places to eat, drink, and shop all around, including trendy beach clubs. More isolated than other resorts in northern Seminyak and a more sophisticated area than Legian to the south.
- Address: Along Jalan Kayu Aya street in the middle of Seminyak, a stylish tourist region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Takes about 30 minutes (11 km), depending on traffic.
The Seminyak – The Basics
- Guests: The vibe is more about couples, especially those on a romantic getaway. Children are welcome, but the resort isn’t that focused on families.
- Beach: The sand becomes increasingly gray in Seminyak. The waves are rough, so always swim between the flags. The beach is also less developed than at Kuta and Legian, so there’s less shade and fewer drink stalls on the sand.
- Views: Rooms are in two wings, one on either side of the street. Those in the Garden Wing face the gardens, and suites in the Beach Wing offer glorious ocean views. Villas are secluded behind walls.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Suites have a jacuzzi, while villas feature a private pool and jacuzzi.
- Extras: Afternoon tea. Yoga classes.
- Parking: Enough free and secure places, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 730 814
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: theseminyak.com
The Seminyak – Amenities
- Pool: Two pools, one on either side of the street, catering to the two wings. The main infinity pool is gorgeous and only five meters from the beach. It features an attractive deck, carved statues, and ornate fountains. Both pools have a swim-up sunken bar.
- Spa: The fabulous Kahyangan Spa oozes class from the opulent lobby to the soothing treatment rooms. Special areas for couples, sauna, and plunge pools.
- Fitness Center: Well-equipped, with free yoga classes each morning.
- Other Facilities: Business center. Hairdressing salon. Shuttle bus between wings.
The Seminyak – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Sanje Restaurant & Lounge – Divine beachside setting. Incredibly romantic at night with candles, live music, and frequent themed buffets. Currently, evenings only. • Santan Restaurant – Breezy pavilions overlooking ponds. Currently for breakfast only. • Klass & Brass – Chic lounge offering cocktails, wine, and whisky. 1930’s-style décor and vibe, with live jazz most nights. • Infinite Beach Club – Sunken pool bar in an excellent spot near the beach. Famous for sunsets and DJs. • Private Dining – Prearranged romantic meals on the beach.
- Breakfast: May be included, but check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
The Seminyak – Rooms
- Room Types: Garden Room • Beach Room • Ocean Suite with Jacuzzi • One Bedroom Garden Pool Villa • One Bedroom Ocean Pool Villa • Two Bedroom Garden Pool Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, and quite strict elsewhere. Ask about dedicated smoking areas.
- Best Room: Impossible to go past the One Bedroom Ocean Pool Villas. Specially designed for honeymooners, each villa has a living area, sizeable pool, gazebo, jacuzzi, and splendid ocean views.
- For Families: Some rooms have connecting doors, and a few pool villas have two bedrooms, but the resort isn’t that well set up for families. Better options elsewhere.
The Seminyak – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Seminyak has to offer. Cycling around Seminyak is problematic given the traffic, but very pleasant along the beachside path that stretches south through Legian as far as Kuta. Ask reception about bike hire.
- Cars & Taxis: To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Avoid drivers hanging around the streets and organize this at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a few agencies offer rentals.
- Motorbikes: These can be rented at local agencies to help get around Legian/Seminyak – less so for anywhere else in southern Bali. A popular way to reach anywhere across this part of Bali is by motorbike taxi called an ojek. Find one on the street for a negotiable fare or book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another tourist area outside of southern Bali, e.g., Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some may pick up guests from their hotel, but services for the primary island-wide operator, Perama, only leave from its office in Kuta (7km away).
The Seminyak – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Sea Circus Restaurant & Bar – Quirky eatery with colorful tables and friendly staff. Healthy meals with a Mexican influence. Closes at 5 pm. Only 300m north up the street from the resort entrance.
- Café Kim Soo – Popular for coffee and light meals in a colonial-style setting. Also, sells homewares. About 250m north up the street, near the Sea Circus.
- Ku De Ta – Has been around for about 20 years but is still a top beach club. Ideal for cocktails at sunset. Virtually next to the resort via the road or sand.
The Kayu Aya Square shopping area is only a three-minute walk around the corner, northeast of the resort entrance. It has several inexpensive options, including:
- Warung Nia – Family-run and hearty servings. Also, cooking classes.
- Da’Masta – Cheery staff, a wide range of meals, and an indoor area with air-conditioning. Very low prices.
- Kayu Aya Square (see above) – Flea (street) market that sells all sorts of cheap souvenirs and clothes, among other things.
- Seminyak Square – Shopping center with a range of classy places to eat, drink, and shop. Look for a lane starting about 200m north of the resort’s main gate (500m in total).
- Seminyak Village – Indoor air-conditioned mall and food court. Just across the road from Seminyak Square.