Bali Hotels › Sofitel
Updated: April 28, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: Facing the beach in Nusa Dua (in southern Bali), next to Club Med Bali, and about 20 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: sofitelbalinusadua.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 849 2888
• Check prices for Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Stylish, convenient, and family-friendly.
All rooms and suites feature elegant and contemporary décor with a corner sofa, marble bathroom, and balcony or patio with a rocking chair overlooking the gardens or pools. Many ground-level rooms have direct access to the main pool from the patio, and some suites, and all villas, have a private pool. The gardens are comparatively modest but still immaculate, and shady lawns creep right up to the beachside path that meanders through Nusa Dua and beyond. The huge pools feature a striking design and sandy “beaches.” The Sofitel caters well to families. The impressive kids club offers abundant activities, and a reef protects the pristine beach, so the water is calm and shallow for swimming. Adding to the overall appeal is the proximity to Tanjung Benoa, with a broader selection of shops, cafés, and water sports within walking and cycling distance.
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – The Location
- Area: Near the invisible border between Nusa Dua and the neighboring region of Tanjung Benoa, with facilities nearby in both areas.
- Address: Lot N5, ITDC Tourism Complex, Nusa Dua. Along the main road through Nusa Dua, a gated complex of luxury resorts in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Depending on traffic, this takes about 20 minutes (13km via the tollway).
- Handy to: Facilities (including water sports) at Tanjung Benoa.
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to all travelers – young and old, with or without children.
- Kids Club: Fully supervised. Offers many activities, such as puppet-making and treasure hunts. Also, yoga, gymnastics, and dance for youngsters. Divided into age groups: 4-6 years, 6-12, and those over 12. Indoors and outside areas near the beach. Reading room.
- Beach: Wide, spotless, and sloping attractively into the sea. Protected by a reef, the water is calm and shallow for swimming.
- Views: Most rooms, suites, and villas overlook the “lagoon” (the main pool) and or gardens. A few offer ocean views, but these are often distant or obstructed and may disappoint.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: A private plunge pool in some rooms and suites. The Pool Villas have a larger private pool.
- Parking: Some free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 849 2888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: sofitelbalinusadua.com
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The main pool is massive and shaped like a lagoon, with fountains, columns, and a swim-up bar. It laps right up to the patio of many ground-level rooms and suites. Another pool for children is more modest than at rival resorts, but it does feature a waterslide.
- Spa: The SoSPA Wellness Centre offers various massages, scrubs, and beauty treatments. Also, signature treatments inspired by “a French gastronomic restaurant” (according to the website).
- Fitness Center: Called SoFIT, it’s spacious and well-equipped.
- For Families: Kids club. Children’s pool. Babysitting.
- Activities: Bicycle rental. Water sports counter.
- Other Facilities: Boutique. Library. Cash machine.
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Cucina – Mediterranean-inspired bistro focusing on Italian food. Some seats along the poolside terrace. Dinner only. Also popular for Sunday brunch. • Kwee Zeen – Contemporary Chinese. Vibrant open-plan kitchen. Open 24 hours for breakfast buffets and a la carte menu at other times. • Toya Beach Bar & Grill – Alongside the sea for cocktails, casual meals all day, and barbecue buffets some nights. • Le Bar – Chic cocktail lounge in the lobby. Also, coffee and special afternoon teas. • L’OH Pool Bar – Inviting spot for a drink beside the pool.
- Breakfast: Not included. Can purchase when booking or day-by-day. Buffet and a la carte, served in Kwee Zeen restaurant. Sunday Brunch at Cucina.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types:Luxury Room with Lagoon/Ocean Views • Luxury Room with Pool Access • Luxury Room with Plunge Pool • Honeymoon Suite (with/without plunge pool) • Prestige Suite (with/without plunge pool) • Pool Villas (one or two bedrooms) • Presidential Villa (one only) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Pool Villas (with one or two bedrooms) have a large private pool and plenty of space to relax. Includes club access and butler service.
- For Families: All rooms and suites can fit an extra single bed. Easy enough to book adjoining rooms with connecting doors. Otherwise, get a villa with two bedrooms and a private pool.
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking along the beachside path is quicker and more scenic than the main streets through Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa. However, the roads through Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa are flat, comparatively quiet, and ideal for cycling. Ask reception about renting a bike.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible and should be arranged through the resort. Metered taxis are abundant, cheap, comfortable, and the best option for anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver through the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are easy to rent (ask at the resort) and helpful in getting around Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa. A motorbike taxi called an ojek is a popular mode of transport. Book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Manarai Beach House – In front of the Sofitel, it’s separately owned but accessible from the resort or the path in front. Ideal beach setting and two gorgeous pools. Famous for cocktails and meals crafted by the executive chef with live music nightly.
- The Roost Rooftop Restaurant & Bar – Views are spectacular, and the menu intriguing. Plenty of breezy gazebos for chilling out. Top of The Nest hotel, a 10-minute walk north up the main road from the Sofitel and past the roundabout.
- Royal Orchid Resto – Cute décor, tasty food, and inexpensive menu. Guests keep going back. About 1km north up the main road from the resort and past the roundabout.
Of course, guests at the Sofitel can also dine at any other resort – often easily accessible along the beachside path. Near the Sofitel are:
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa – Seven top-notch choices for a drink or a meal. 200m south via the path
- The Westin – Many more options, some undergoing renovations in mid-2022. 400m south via the path.
- Grand Whiz – Poolside Bistro, great value. The resort is next to Sofitel and accessible along the pathway from the Sofitel.
- Club Med – The lane alongside the neighboring Club Med resort is lined with stalls selling cheap souvenirs and clothes. A one-minute walk north along the beachside path.
- Bali Collection – Sadly, most places to eat, drink, and shop at the mall closed in 2020-21. Some had reopened by mid-2022, and more will open up later. This delightful outdoor shopping center is a 20-minute walk (quicker and nicer by bicycle) south of the resort via the main road – follow the signs. (Once provided by Bali Collection, the free shuttle bus may recommence and pick up passengers at the resort.)