Bali Hotels › The Westin
Updated: May 12, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: Peaceful village within walking distance of downtown Ubud (in central Bali) next to Monkey Forest Sanctuary and about 1.5 hours from the airport. Opposite the convention center.
• Hotel website: marriott.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 771 906
• Check prices for The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Compact, convenient, understated luxury, and excellent for families.
Smaller and more personable than some rival resorts nearby, The Westin offers so many types of rooms and suites. All are very comfortable, functional, and warmly decorated, and views from the floor-to-ceiling windows include the gardens, pools, or ocean (at a distance). This self-described “luxury family resort” also provides excellent accommodation options for those with children. The Westin faces a scenic, sheltered bay with immaculate sand and calm, shallow water and three pools shaped like lagoons – one even has a “waterfall” and “beach.” The kids club, with a shady playground, trampoline, and special spa, is among the finest in Nusa Dua. Unusually, it accepts children aged from a few months to 12 years in separate areas that are large and secure, indoors and outside. The Westin is also centrally located, so everything that Nusa Dua has to offer is within a short distance on foot or by bicycle.
- Best Bali Resorts for Families
- Best Hotels in Nusa Dua Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Beaches
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – The Location
- Area: Faces a glorious beach within an area so spacious and tranquil compared to the rest of southern Bali. Also convenient for shops, cafés, and other attractions and facilities.
- Address: Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, BTDC Lot N-3. Access is along the main road through Nusa Dua, a gated complex of luxury resorts in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver. Depending on traffic, this takes about 20 minutes (12km via the tollway).
- Handy to: Bali Collection mall. Museum Pasifika. Headland with temples and views. Bali National Golf Club
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – The Basics
- Guests: Caters very well for all, but with a primary focus on families.
- Kids Club: The Westin Family Kids Club is among the very best in Nusa Dua. Unusually, it accepts children from 0 to 4 in a separate area (which is basically babysitting), as well as those aged 4 to 12. Large, secure, indoors and outside, with loads of activities, special spa, trampoline, and shady playground.
- Beach: Immaculate and packed with inviting lounge chairs and umbrellas along a sheltered cove of calm and shallow water ideal for swimming.
- Views: Many rooms overlook the pools (which can be noisy) and/or gardens (always lovely). Some suites face the sea.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some Ocean Suites feature a private pool.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots at the reception area, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 771 906
- Email: Send a message through the resort website.
- Website: marriott.com
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools shaped like lagoons. The main one is circular, filled with salt water, and has abundant shade – even a “waterfall” and sandy edges resembling a “beach.” The pool for children has impressive waterslides. The third one is for adults only.
- Spa: Rejuvenation of the body, mind, and soul is guaranteed at the aptly-named Heavenly Spa. There is also The Westin Kids Spa for children and massages in the gardens under gazebos for all. The resort offers wellness packages, including accommodation and treatments.
- Fitness Center: The world-class WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio provides state-of-the-art equipment and garden views. Open 24 hours.
- For Families: Excellent, shady playground with trampoline. Spa treatments for families. Special menus for children.
- Activities: Plenty for the family, including traditional arts and games as well as yoga. Cycling tours. Water sports. Tennis courts.
- Other Facilities: Golf Simulator. Shopping arcade. Bicycle rental.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Velada – Sports-themed cafe and bar for casual dining. • Ikan Restaurant & Bar – Shady terrace almost on the sand. Tastiest possible ikan (fish) and Indonesian cuisine. • Prego – Italian food and vibrant décor. Busy with expat families at Sunday brunch. • Hamabe Japanese Restaurant – Fine dining, with authentic décor and a dedicated teppanyaki counter. Dinner only. • Seasonal Tastes – Buffet breakfast, a la carte lunch, and themed dinner buffets – often with live music/dance. Pleasant open-plan kitchen area and “interactive juice bar.”
- Bars: The Lobby Bar & Lounge – Bright and airy, with views of the pools and gardens. All sorts of drinks and snacks are available throughout the day. Popular for afternoon teas. • By the Water – Perfect poolside bar with swim-up seats. Light meals at lunchtime.
- Breakfast: Not included. Pay extra when booking or on the day.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Garden Terrace, Guest Room • Deluxe Pool Terrace, Guest Room • Deluxe Garden View, Guest Room • Deluxe Pool View, Guest Room • Premium Room, Larger Guest Room • Ocean Suite (one or two bedrooms; some with private pool) • Westin Suite (one or two bedrooms) • Family Suite • Presidential Suite • Residence Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms/suites or public areas. Strict policies elsewhere, so check with management before lighting up.
- Best Room: Ocean Suites have a private pool. Also features delightful Balinese décor and furnishings, spacious bedroom, and separate living/dining room.
- For Families: Very well set up for those traveling with children. Some rooms/suites have two double beds, and all accommodations can add a single fold-up bed; some suites offer two bedrooms, and many rooms/suites have connecting doors. Family Suites with a separate living area, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two TVs can easily accommodate five.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking along the beachside path is often quicker and more scenic than the main streets through Nusa Dua. The roads are flat and comparatively quiet and ideal for cycling. Ask reception about renting a bike.
- Cars & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible and should be arranged through the resort. Metered taxis are abundant, cheap, comfortable, and the best option for anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. Also, organize this through the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are easy to rent (ask at the resort) and helpful in getting around Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa – less so elsewhere in southern Bali. A popular mode of transport is a motorbike taxi called an ojek. Book one at a fixed rate using the downloadable apps Grab or Gojek.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The best way to access the places listed below is on foot along the lovely beachside path.
- The Laguna – The neighboring (and associated) resort is only about 100m south of The Westin. • Banyubiru has daily themed dinner buffets and an extensive a la carte menu all day. • Cornerstone Deli offers a tempting array of tasty treats. This delicatessen-cum-café also sells wine and homemade ice cream. • Kulkul Beach House provides a charming seaside setting and all-day dining. Adults-only vibe and eco-friendly focus.
- Beachside Cafés – Several simple and inexpensive cafés line the access path to the northern headland in central Nusa Dua, about 500m south of The Westin via the beachside path.
Most places at The Bay Bali closed in 2020-21. These two eateries are worth visiting:
- Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Diner – Shady, breezy, and comfortable seating. Famous for crispy roast duck and other Indonesian cuisine.
- Nusa Restaurant – Impressive menu with some “Western fusion” options. Not as expensive as imagined and has fabulous service. Colorful beanbags along the path. Also, a pool for guests.
- Bali Collection Sadly, most places to eat, drink, and shop at the mall closed in 2020-21. Some had reopened by mid-2022, and more will open up later. This delightful outdoor shopping center is about 800m south of The Westin via the main road – follow the signs. (Once provided by Bali Collection, the free shuttle bus may recommence and pick up passengers at the resort.)
- Museum Pasifika – Impressive museum on the grounds of the neighboring The Laguna resort (500m south via the road). Definitely worth visiting for the vast selection of arts and crafts from across Asia and the Pacific region.
- Bali National Golf Club – Championship 18-hole golf course through native gardens with tropical birds. It also has the Bali Island Golf Academy, Pro Shop, lounge, restaurant, and meeting rooms. It was First Runner-up for Best Golf Resort in Asia Pacific 2019 by Asian Golf Awards. 2km (10 minutes) from the resort.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua – The Hotel