Bali Hotels › Hilton
Updated: April 24, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Location: Facing the beach on the edge of the Bukit Peninsula, South of Nusa Dua (in southern Bali) and about 25 minutes from the airport.
• Hotel website: hilton.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 773 377
• Check prices for Hilton Resort
Hilton Resort – Family-friendly opulence with a breathtaking cliff-side setting.
At this massive resort carved from an extended cliff, an elevator plummets 15 levels from the lobby to the exquisite white-sand beach below. Among the many gigantic buildings (which do look a little dated) are 21 types of accommodation. Ranging from ground-level rooms with direct access from a patio to one of four pools to the Presidential Suite Ocean View with two bedrooms and two balconies for twice the views. Many rooms have ocean views. The main lagoon-shaped pool is large enough to feature sandy “beaches” and waterfalls, with angled palms that add to the tropical holiday vibe. The Hilton also offers amenities rarely found elsewhere, like tennis courts, a medical clinic, and an amphitheater for traditional performances. The resort caters to families with special rates, an adventure playground, and the Jungle Kids Club. The resort is more isolated and about 5km from Nusa Dua but easily accessible by resort shuttlebus.
Hilton Resort – The Location
- Area: Faces a magnificent beach along the southeastern edge of Bukit Peninsula, about 5km from central Nusa Dua, a gated area of top-end resorts.
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan road in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by a metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver, which should take about 25 minutes (15km), depending on traffic.
Hilton Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters very well for all – from families relishing all the activities to couples seeking seclusion and romance.
- Kids’ Club: The Jungle Kids Club offers an adventure playground, as well as movies, books, and toys for the younger ones.
- Beach: The water can be rough sometimes, but the resort provides lifeguards. The sand is wide, white, clean, and packed with lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Views: One building of rooms provides direct ocean views and is close enough to hear the waves. Most rooms, however, are more distant from the sea or face the gardens and pools.
- Kitchens: Larger villas have magnificent kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All villas have a private pool.
- Extras: Free shuttlebus to central Nusa Dua.
- Parking: Some free and secure parking is available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 773 377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hilton.com
Hilton Resort – Amenities
- Pool: Each of the four magnificent pools is shaped like a lagoon, with sandy “beaches” and “waterfalls.” There’s plenty of shade and a 30-meter waterslide.
- Spa: The Mandara Spa is one in a chain around Southeast Asia, offering luxurious treatments and good-value packages. Sauna and steam room.
- Fitness Center: Smallish but adequate.
- For Families: Baby-sitting. Cots. Children’s menu. Games room. 30m waterslide.
- Activities: Three tennis courts.
- Other Facilities: Medical clinic. Business Center. Moneychanger. Travel agency. Minimart. Boutiques. Cash machine. Amphitheater for performances of traditional music and dance.
Hilton Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Paon Bali Resto & Bar – Lively open-plan kitchen offering Balinese delights, including roast pig. Themed buffets weekly. • Grain – Casual all-day dining with plenty of tables inside and out. Extensive menu with many options for the kids. • The Shore Restaurant & Bar – Relaxed and facing the beach. On three levels, including an open-air rooftop. Seafood and Mediterranean-style meals. Newly renovated. • Deli – At the lobby for a caffeine fix, breakfast, pastries, and light meals.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast may be included, depending on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Hilton Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Family Room King Bed • King Deluxe Ocean View • King Guest Room Garden View • King Cliff Tower Pool View • King Cliff Tower Ocean View • Twin Deluxe Ocean View • Twin Guest Room Garden View • Twin Guest Room Pool View • Twin Cliff Tower Ocean View• King One Bedroom Pool Villa • Twin One Bedroom Executive Suite Ocean View • King Terrace Suite Ocean View• King One Bedroom Executive Suite Ocean View • Two Bedroom Royal Suite Ocean View • Two Bedroom Pool Villa • Three Bedroom Presidential Pool Villa • Two Bedroom Presidential Suite Ocean View • King Executive Lagoon • King Executive Room Ocean View • Twin Executive Lagoon Twin • Executive Ocean View • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Strictly no smoking policy in the rooms and public areas. Only permitted in dedicated sections.
- Best Room: The Two Bedroom Presidential Suite Ocean View is as magnificent as it sounds. On two levels, with a study, living area, kitchen, and dining room (for ten people!). Two balconies offer twice the ocean views.
- For Families: Family Rooms are ideal, with colorful beanbags and bunk beds for two children (under 12) without feeling cramped. Includes free access to the Kids Club. Otherwise, some villas have two or three bedrooms or book two adjoining standard rooms with connecting doors.
Hilton Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Too far to walk to Nusa Dua and very little within walking distance. No bicycles to rent.
- Cars & Taxis: A few taxis ply the main roads in central Nusa Dua and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a rental is possible. Organize all transport options at the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are useful for getting around the region; ask at the hotel about renting one through a local agency. A popular way to get around is by motorbike taxi called an ojek for a set fare. Drivers may not come out this far but try through the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek
Hilton Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants, Bars, & Shops
- Ritz-Carlton – All the restaurants and bars at the neighboring Ritz-Carlton resort are within a few minutes walk south via the beach. These include: Bejana – Award-winning menu, and stylish setting on a clifftop. Specializes in Indonesian food. Dinner only. The Beach Grill – Casual, beachside, with an extensive menu focusing on seafood. Intimate at night.
- Apurva Kempinksi – This impossibly huge resort south of the Hilton offers many options.
Bali Collection: Most places to eat, drink, and shop at the mall in central Nusa Dua (5km from the resort) closed in 2020-21. Some had reopened by mid-2022, and more are opening up. If the shuttlebus offered by the resort goes to this delightful outdoor mall, try:
- Bebek Tepi Sawah – One in a chain of classy bistros around Bali specializing in roast duck. Pleasant setting, including private areas with cushions on the floor.
The Bay Bali: Unfortunately, most restaurants and bars here (5km from the resort) also closed during 2020-21. Facing the glorious curved beach between the two headlands in central Nusa Dua, a few have reopened, including:
- Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Diner – Another classy eatery specializing in roast duck. Wide range of Indonesian classics, too.
- Nusa Restaurant – Extensive menu of western and Asian ‘fusion’ meals. New, colorful, and cheerful. Beanbags along the path. Next to Bebek Bengil.