Bali Hotels › The Ritz-Carlton
Updated: February 10, 2023
My Favorite Bali Hotels
• Best Kuta Hotel: Hard Rock
• Best Legian Hotel: Padma Resort
• Best Seminyak Hotel: W Bali
• Best Jimbaran Hotel: Four Seasons
• Best Nusa Dua Hotel: St. Regis
• Best Ubud Hotel: Four Seasons Sayan
• Best New Hotel: Raffles Bali
• Location: Southeast edge of Bukit Peninsula facing a beach.
• Hotel website: ritzcarlton.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 849 8988
• Check prices for The Ritz-Carlton
Ritz-Carlton – Oh-so immense and luxurious – and marvelous for families.
The sheer luxury and absolute extravagance commence at the lobby perched on a cliff overlooking the vast and almost-empty beach. A glass elevator hurtles down to sea level from the lobby, where villas and suites sit among lush tropical gardens. The grounds are so extensive that guests wait for transport by carts. The Cliff Villas and Sky Villas with private pools are contemporary and lavish. Suites are comparatively modest, and those at ground level have direct access to the stunning infinity pool facing the sea. The Ritz Kids Club focuses on Balinese culture and caters to the whole family with lots of activities and a large supervised children’s pool and playground. The Ritz-Carlton is not as isolated as it may feel with the resort’s free, regular shuttle buses to the restaurants and shops in Nusa Dua.
Ritz-Carlton – The Location
- Area: Faces a decent beach along the southeast edge of Bukit Peninsula, about 6km from central Nusa Dua, a gated neighborhood of top-end resorts in southern Bali.
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan road. Not in Nusa Dua (despite what the resort and taxi drivers may claim).
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or a chartered car with a driver, which should take about 30 minutes (16km), depending on traffic
Ritz-Carlton – The Basics
- Guests: Caters very well for everyone. Although families are a focus, those without children would still enjoy themselves.
- Kids’ Club: The Ritz Kids Cub is great. Excellent activities focusing on Balinese culture and fun-filled events like a ‘Night Safari Adventure.’ Has a Large playground.
- Beach: Waves can be rough in places, so take care – although a breakwater offers some swimming protection. The beach is less appealing than others in the region but is less crowded than at Kuta and Sanur.
- Views: Some suites and villas offer sea views, but many are partially obstructed by the massive resorts on either side. Most rooms, however, are distant from the ocean and overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Kitchen: The larger villas feature a kitchenette.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some villas have a private pool and jacuzzi.
- Extras: Some villas include personal butler service.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spaces; tell the management when booking. But think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 849 8988
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: ritzcarlton.com
Ritz-Carlton – Amenities
- Pool: All pools are massive and offer plenty of shade. The one for children is supervised and gated.
- Spa: The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Bali is set amid vibrant gardens. Signature treatments with names like ‘Iridescent Delight’ and ‘Tropical Marine Pleasure’ in one of 14 rooms. Also, four special Spa Villas. Spa boutique.
- Fitness Center: Good size and well-equipped. Open 24/7. Also yoga.
- For Families: Playground. Special Kids Corner in the restaurants. Babysitting. The whole family is encouraged to participate in turtle conservation through donations and release programs.
- Activities: Impressive range of activities, including lessons in cooking, yoga, and surfing.
- Other Facilities: Shopping arcade with several boutiques and a minimart. Business Center. Hindu temple. Yoga studio.
Ritz-Carlton – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Bejana – Award-winning Indonesian menu and stylish setting on the clifftop. Dinner only. • The Beach Grill – Casual, beachside, with an extensive menu focusing on seafood. Intimate at night. • Senses – Open only for buffet breakfast. • Private Dining – Many options are available – from a private table on the sand to a ‘floating breakfast’ in a private pool.
- Bars: Breezes Tapas Lounge – Facing the pool and beach for snacks, cocktails, and themed buffets at night, often with a Spanish flavor. • Ritz-Carlton Lounge & Bar – Swish and breezy for light meals, cocktails, high teas, and live music some nights.
- Breakfast: Often included, but depends on the type of room and how the booking was made.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Ritz-Carlton – Rooms
- Room Types: Sawangan Junior Suite (with/without pool access) • The Ritz-Carlton Suite (with/without pool access) • Pavilion Villa with Pool Access • Garden Villa with Private Pool • Sky Villa with Private Pool (one or two bedrooms) • Cliff Villa with Private Pool • Ritz-Carlton Cliff Villa with Private Pool (three bedrooms) • Ritz-Carlton Oceanfront Villa with Private Pool (three bedrooms) • Spa Villas • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking not allowed in the rooms or public areas, but OK elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Ritz-Carlton Oceanfront Villas with Private Pool are the ultimate in luxury. All the latest gadgets across two levels. Separate dining and living rooms and three bedrooms. Faces the ocean with direct beach frontage.
- For Families: Many suites can fit two adults and two children under 12. Otherwise, some villas and suites have two or three bedrooms, a dining room, living area, and kitchenette.
Ritz-Carlton – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Too far to walk to Nusa Dua and very little within walking distance. No bicycles to rent (which is unfortunate).
- Cars& Taxis:: A few taxis ply the main roads in central Nusa Dua and are a cheap and comfortable way to get anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but rentals are available. Organize all transport options at the resort.
- Motorbikes: These are useful for getting around the region; ask at the hotel about renting one through a local agency. A popular mode of transport is a motorbike taxi called an ojek for a set fare. Drivers may not come out this far, but try through the downloadable apps Grab and Gojek.
Ritz-Carlton – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants, Bars & Shops
- Hilton Bali Resort: Restaurants and bars at the neighboring Hilton resort can be reached within a few minutes’ walk north via the beach. These include: Grain -Casual all-day dining with plenty of tables inside and out. Wide menu and plenty of options for the kids. • The Shore Restaurant & Bar – Relaxed and facing the beach. On three levels, including an open-air rooftop. Seafood and Mediterranean-style meals. Newly renovated.
- Apurva Kempinksi – A neighboring resort north of The Ritz-Carlton with several restaurants by award-winning chefs. Including one set underwater with an aquarium above, a beach club, hot pots, and a rooftop bar.
- Bali Collection – Most places to eat, drink, and shop at the Bali Collection mall in central Nusa Dua (6km from the resort) closed in 2020-21. Some had reopened by mid-2022, and more will open up later. If the shuttle bus offered by the resort goes to this delightful outdoor mall, try: Bebek Tepi Sawah – One in a chain specializing in roast duck. Pleasant setting, including private areas with cushions on the floor.
- The Bay Bali – Unfortunately, most restaurants and bars at The Bay Bali (6km) also closed during 2020-21. A few have reopened facing the glorious curved beach between the two headlands in central Nusa Dua, including: Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Diner – Another eatery specializing in roast duck. Plenty of Indonesian classics, too. • Nusa Restaurant – Wide range of western and Asian ‘fusion’ meals. New, colorful, and vibrant. Beanbags along the path. Next to Bebek Bengil.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter